Sign in to follow this  

2012 250 XCW help !

If it runs flat in one gear it will run flat in all gears give us a video so we can hear it.

wait, what? are you saying your bike doesn't run well before it's warmed up? that could be a *clue*.

do you have the stock jetting in it? if so, take the needle out and throw it away. then go buy a necw (suzuki) needle. for ohio, i would guess a 162 or 165 main and a 38 or 40 pilot would be good, assuming the rest of the bike is happy.

I let it warm up like you should but it doesn't rude good for about another hour lol and I believe I'm going to get a jd jet kit

hmm. that doesn't really make much sense. i suppose if there is a crapload of residual oil in the bottom end it might take longer than normal to clean out and stop sputtering, but an hour seems excessive. good luck with it.

necw > jd

If it takes an hour or so for it to clear out you could be experiencing different weather and riding conditions by the end of the hour.

Like, if it runs "not very good" when it's cold but gets better when the air temp is warmer an hour later then it really could be lean jetting.

- or -

An hour into your ride you could finally be at a point where you can really get into 3rd or 4th gear and finally get cleared out.

I think this could be a simple pilot air screw adjustment, but you need to verify your entire jetting setup before you can start making any changes (not just with needle).

Edited by zig06

It could, right after you installed a JD Jet kit, but I didn't say that ~ my '12 300xc-w told me to pass that one on.  She's got one and she loves it!