Sign in to follow this  

Aloop tank / seat kit alternative

check out this little beauty !  XR400R using CRF230 seat / tank, lovely, I like the looks better then the Aloop kit. Only 1.9 gal. capacity though. Anyone done this or knows of other seat / tank combos that will fit? ALSO If anyone has an Aloop kit or CRF230 parts for sale please let me know.

crf230 xr400.jpg

Edited by pugetsoundsailer

Ok I got fooled :jawdrop: the bike was photoshoped.................

Here's a link on the subject

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/830653-crf-tankseat-on-xr250-can-it-be-done/?view=findpost&p=8610710&hl=%2Bcrf230

I'd still like to know if anyone has made the mod work, apparently the tank bolts on but the seat mounting was the issue........................

Use the original XR 400 ND08 2006-2008 Parts .

Thats the easy way .

20150519_143610_zpsdfobzzxp.jpg

Everything except the Muffler , Handlebar and front Fender is stock .

very nice, so that's the crf230 tank with a stock 06 xr400 seat? What year is the tank? Is it true that the bolt holes line up?

No ,

as i wrote , Tank , Seat , Wheels and Fork so as the electric Starter is Stock Honda XR400 ND08 from 2006-2008.

got ya, ND08, Japan model, I live in the states so I wasn't aware these existed, to bad the parts weren't available here

Schrauberklaus, Did you find those plastics for a reasonable price online anywhere? I need new ones and I'm not keen on the local prices.

Only place i know is jause.com the japanese E-Bay .

But difficult to find a seller that ship international .

And hey , be happy that you can order local .

I have to order from australia or Japan .

A simple numberplate plastik is with shipping and Tax 120 USD (one side)

Edited by Schrauberklaus

check out this little beauty !  XR400R using CRF230 seat / tank, lovely, I like the looks better then the Aloop kit. Only 1.9 gal. capacity though. Anyone done this or knows of other seat / tank combos that will fit? ALSO If anyone has an Aloop kit or CRF230 parts for sale please let me know.

Sent you a PM.