Sign in to follow this  

Setting the suspension on a 2001 Cr 125

I need some advise to set my suspension on my cr 125. I am 5' 3" and weigh 125 pounds. I set the race sag, which was an inch off, and I set both top and bottom dampers so they are the softest. Since I ride mostly trails, I found that every time I hit a bump, log, rock, trench, etc, I just about flew off. I would like to get if fixed I just don't know what to do next. Opening up the dampers, and setting the race sag didn't seem to do anything but make it softer. Is it even possible to set the suspension for my lighter weight?

Before trying to fine tune the suspension adjustments, since that is an older bike

you have to make sure all the suspension components are mechanicaly in good working order.

Have the fork and shock seals, bushings and fluid been replaced lately,

as well as the shock's nitrogen charge checked?

For motocross use every 40-50 hours is often the recommended suspension service shedule,

for recreational trails/off-road depending on usage perhaps once every 1-2 years is sufficient.

Keep in mind that no external adjustments you do will compensate if the springs are too stiff for you weight,

riding trails versus motocross tracks would also justify using slightly softer spring rates than stock.

Edited by mlatour

The 2001 if standard was very stiff for motocross for a average rider ,for a light rider doing trails it would be brutal

You would need springs and valving to get it decent

Edited by mog