Sign in to follow this  

Turbo

The guy says it's still running fine and hits 90mph no problem. I saw some vids a few years ago of people sticking a turbo on their WR250R. Can't seem to find it now. I do think that you'd probably have to upgrade some engine parts to cope with the power tho

Key is in tuning, make sure the boost comes on late and smooth...

I'd bet on bigger injector and probably fuel pump, the rest is fabrication

I'm all for turbocharging everything. I'd like to see more from the builder though. He claims in the comments that a fuel controller was all he needed, dubius but promising. 9lbs give or take isn't always devastating to most stock motors.

I do have to wonder if (with proper heat shielding and some cooling ducts) there wouldn't be room where the airbox is... Could maybe put an air cleaner on it too, lol.

I'm all for turbocharging everything. I'd like to see more from the builder though. He claims in the comments that a fuel controller was all he needed, dubius but promising. 9lbs give or take isn't always devastating to most stock motors.

I do have to wonder if (with proper heat shielding and some cooling ducts) there wouldn't be room where the airbox is... Could maybe put an air cleaner on it too, lol.

I too have wondered about putting it where the air box is  but up in front of the engine keeps the weight lower and should spool a little faster. If I didn't need to rebuild my XR650R engine this winter I would have already ordered a turbo.

My mind always wanders to turbos. Won't happen to the crf any time soon (at least until other projects are complete) but always entertaining to consider anyhow.