Sign in to follow this  

Your best ride of all time!

Best ride of all time for me was hands down my final enduro of the '07 season.  I found a lot of speed that year because I was racing pretty much every weekend and was in really good shape so I could be aggressive all day w/o worrying about getting tired.  I wound up 5th overall (over 150 in the race) on the day and beat all the A riders and half the AA class, but still only finished 2nd overall B lol.  I bumped to the A class for the next season and I've never cracked the top 10 since!  Ha.  That day was a good old fashioned Ohio mudder and was a real suffer fest.  Temp was right around freezing and it was sleeting on us all day.  I drew an early row and got fresh trail all day which really helped.  I had already wrapped up the Open B title, so I was in go for broke mode and attacked all day long and it paid off.

2nd best day was in '06 at the Ironman GNCC.  I was racing Open C that day and pulled the holeshot and lead wire-to-wire.  That was so awesome to roll through the scoring tent at the checkers and seeing my race number pop up on the LED screen with #1 for the position.  In the final lap, the guy who got 2nd caught me and we went back and forth for a bit, but with 3 miles to go I put my head down and really pushed and beat him by 10 seconds.  This is the race that lead me to believe that i could be decent at racing and I really pushed my training/conditioning program for the next year and lead directly to my best race in the story above.  Since then, I've gotten older, engaged, bought a house, etc... and don't focus on racing like I used to, but I still manage a good day here and there.  This last race I managed to pull out a 2nd in Sr A and beat my buddies who'd been beating me all year :)

• Like 1

I rode Glamis Dunes after heavy rains on a weekday.  Maybe saw 5 or 6 guys the whole day.   About as good as riding gets!!!!!

• Like 1

'86 Trask Mtn 2-Day Qualifier. A buddy and his wife drove the bikes out there and I flew in the Fri before the event.  Perfect location(Yamhill, OR), perfect June weather, great group of fun riders, perfect weather and excellent fun trails.  Then a three day drive home with a big smile on our faces and awesome memories.

• Like 1

Mine was just a few months ago. There's a practice supercross style track about 2 hours away. 2 of my buddys and I went out for the day.

Even though its just a practice track they still have a gate and run "mock motos". At the end of the day the owner gathered up everyone who wanted to run a mock moto and off we went. I actually got the holeshot and both of my buddys started right behind me. We all traded the lead a few times in the 5 laps.

I'm not sure why but it was just a ton of fun. Not really serious but we were racing each other pretty hard. We were just having a ton of fun cutting down on each other in the 180 turns and what not.

• Like 1

If I could relive any riding day I ever had it would be

-One of the last days I rode Kennedy meadows in ca. with my dad in the late 80's before he died. I was 14 and not very fast but could ride the trails. We'd stop at a certain spot on a certain trail and that's my best memory of being with my dad.

2nd place

Late 90's in dove springs ca. When you could still ride anywhere you wanted. Certain group of friends at the time. We'd do a ride down into kelso valley from DS in the funnest sand wash I've ever rode. I was in my early 20's and as fast and smooth as I ever was. Open desert , perfect weather with my best friend.

• Like 3

First time at Durhamtown with my nephew. We don't have kids, so he is like a son to me. He is relatively new to bikes but is learning fast. We had never ridden at such a nice, huge park. Just enjoying something totally new and totally fun with him was a blast. He reminds me of myself at a young age, just thrilled to be riding. I'm still that way, almost 40 years later.

• Like 2

Jan.1986 two of us each on 1985 Honda's XR350R out of Yuma AZ to Mexicali B.C. up through Hensons saw mill over to Mikes Sky Ranch for a 2 day stay. Then down to San Felipe and down to Portiscitus, played around in the Hot springs, next day up and over the 3 virgins mts. goat or mule path? Down to Rosarito spend the night. Then over to Guerro Negro, down to San Ignacio, spend the night. Down to Loreto, over to Ciudad Insurgents, spend the night. Down to La Plaz stayed a couple days headed back to Mexicali. The only problem was we wore the rear knobbies out! Bike's ran good on crappy Mexican gas?!?!?!

• Like 1

Last Saturday!! Was hitting the sand like none other . fastest guy there for the whole day. Yes it was a sand pit. But there were a few guys who just couldn't keep up and corner and stuff. Was really having a ball.

• Like 1

Best ride in memory was a race at Speedworld MX in Surprise, AZ.  A buddy and I were both in the same class and we were close in speed.  I won the first moto and I was leading the second moto.  With about 2 laps to go I stalled and he passed me.  I was feverishly trying to catch back up because we had bet lunch at Subway on this race and we both wanted bragging rights- ha ha.  Anyway I caught him in the last corner and the finish line was a small jump right after the corner.  Leading to the face of the jump he had me by a nose so I gunned it and passed him on the face.  We cross jumped and hit each other in mid air.  We both crashed but no one was hurt and immediately we charged toward each and high fived and hugged it out because it was so epic.  The bystanders thought we were pissed off and about to fight when we rushed each other so they stormed us to break up the impending fight, which of course never happened.  That was fun as hell!

• Like 1