Sign in to follow this  

2002 Honda cr125

I have an 02 cr125 and need to find the air intake screw and the adjustment specs. (I am in mechanics class and have marks depending on this)

Thank you in advance :)

Bikebandit.com

You adjust the air screw starting with a HOT motor, and the lowest idle possible, then adsjust the screw out for highest idle, then correct idle speed if necessary with the idle screw

Pilot size is determined by the screw position.

Less than one, use as lager pilot. More than two, use a smaller pilot.

I have an 02 cr125 and need to find the air intake screw and the adjustment specs. (I am in mechanics class and have marks depending on this)

Thank you in advance :)

In general the air screw is first adjusted to get the highest/smoothest idle (with engine warmed up to operating temp)

afterwards the idle screw is adjusted to raise or lower the idle speed to the specified rpm.

The air screw fine tunes the pilot jet's fuel circuit, it's setting has a nominal starting point of so many turns out from fully seated,

then the screw has a narrow adjustment range of plus or minus so many turns in either direction from the nominal setting.

If it requires adjustment beyond that narrow range, it's an indication that the pilot jet is either too rich or lean and needs to be corrected.

The idle speed screw usualy doesn't have a specific nominal setting indicated,

it is simply adjusted as necessary to increase/decrease the engine's idle speed to the rpm specified in the manual.

If no specific rpm is indicated, the idle speed is rather set to the lowest rpm the engine will idle without stalling.

Searching for the service manual of that specific bike will get you the right answers.

Just some constructive criticism here,

if you are going to be a mechanic you've got learn to search on your own and not rely on others to find the answers for you.

Also, do your web searching on a 'real' computer, not some shitty phone or tablet as not all webpage contents are shown on smaller devices.

Your computer should also be set up to read .pdf type files.

I've found what you are looking for right here in Thumper Talk archives after about 1 minute on Google with the tittle '2002 cr 125 jetting specs', give it a try!

Edited by mlatour