Sign in to follow this  

04 klx 125 carb identification

The carb on the bike is mounted by rubber sleeve on both ends. Most carbs I find have a bolt on flange to the engine side. question is,can i use this flange carb by removing the rubber sleeve and mount it directly to the engine ? the cost of an oem carb is almost what I paid for the bike so im looking at this one for $40.00

I beleive the carb on the bike is a vm 22 with a 26mm bore.

Thanks for your help

Edited by massbowtie

I wasnt trying to make it difficult,sorry. that page shows both types that i was talking about boot or flange type. i also noticed there was no idle adjustment screw on most of the ebay ones, do you have any experience with these carbs,do they have air/fuel and idle screws ? theres no vent line so i guess i could run the tank vent line straight out.  i guess i didnt explain my situation correctly. im just trying to fix this bike for my sons friend that wants to ride his dad just died. im just trying to help him out.  do you know if the carb i need is 26mm ?Thanks

Stock carb is 20mm. For the least headaches on an otherwise stock bike, stick with that. A VM26 is the same dimensions at each spigot and the same overall length ( or within a couple mm's), just a bit taller. I would also say that the 26mm is just a tad too big for a stock engine. I agree with Krannie, just find a spigot mount, ebay special, and be done with it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-KAWASAKI-DRZ125-KLX125-CARB-2003-2009-/271644695476?hash=item3f3f491bb4:g:oM8AAOSwajVUSUqO&vxp=mtr