Sign in to follow this  

Goggles

I have a cheap pair of fly goggles. They keep fogging up on me. Today I tried riding in the rain and it was impossible to see. Any recommendations for a better pair? What's everyone else using?

i have a set of oakley mayhem pro with iridium lenses, use them in desert and dirt and love them. Ive had scotts, fox, fly, and 100s but my oakleys are by far my favorites. i let my dad borrow them and he's froogle and bought that with oakleys you were only buying the O but went and bought a pair the next day. Ive had them for close to 2 years now and they have held up great.

1. Remove all the foam from the top and bottom vents. 2. Spray some Pledge on the lens and let it dry, then rub it in really good. 3. Shave your head

Get a DUAL pane lens for your goggles and pull out the top and bottom foam for better air flow. It's not the goggle, but rather it is the lens. ( use what the snowmobilers use).

Joe

• Like 1

Oakey Airbrake. Unbelievably good and the best goggles I have ever worn. First goggles that I can actually breathe properly in. Don't flinch when you see the price though.

509's for me, snowmobiling.  (I usually wear sunglasses or safety glasses on the moto). 

Fit nicely, generally don't fog. 

I have worn them on the moto before, and they work well.

Wasn't too impressed with the Klim's I've had.  509's beat them by a large margin.

DSC02935_-L.jpg

I've had thor, 100%, arnette, and the cheaper oakleys. Personally the thor and 100% are my favorites. Both cost me around 60 bucks and I've had the thor pair for five years now and they're still great. 100% looks good and feels good too. I've had mine for about six months and haven't had any issues

Edited by vbartos27

I've owned plenty of different brand goggles, if the dew point is high [that includes raining], and/or you are sweating, they're all gonna fog up. Venting is the best solution, along with foam removal, I've drilled tiny holes around the lens perimeter to improve venting.

A good trick to anti fogging is to use pure dish soap on both sides of the lens. Spread it around and let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse clean, w/o touching the lens. Let it air dry before inserting back into the frame. Bad thing is if you get mud on the outside, it will not wipe off....guess I'm going to try just doing the inside next time.

An old snorkeling trick to keep your mask from fogging is to spit on the inside of the lens and rub it around...

Your mileage may vary... :)

Cheers,

Jon

A good trick to anti fogging is to use pure dish soap on both sides of the lens. Spread it around and let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse clean, w/o touching the lens. Let it air dry before inserting back into the frame. Bad thing is if you get mud on the outside, it will not wipe off....guess I'm going to try just doing the inside next time.

Why futz around with wiping different home remedies on a single ply lens, when you can buy a replacement lens that has dual panes and just pop it in the goggle? they work just like dual pane windows in a house. the outside layer contacts the cold air, but is separated from the inner layer/ pane with a gap....therefore cold outside never contacts warm inside so NO fogging. Works especially well here in rainy WA all winter  :thumbsup:

Joe

• Like 1

I once had a pair of duelies, I accidently submerged them in water and moisture got in between the lenses. After they dried out, there was a remaining stain I couldn't get to, to remove

When possible, inhale through nose, exhale through mouth, and look both ways before you cross the street!