Sign in to follow this  

[Idea] Simple way for wet Nitrous Oxide

Ok, I don't think I am the first one to think of this so there must be something wrong with it.

Here is my idea for a simple mechanical wet NOS. 

1- The nitrous bottle is connected to a valve that is opened mechanically at WOT using the throttle cable to pull the valve open. (use you imagination)

2- When the valve is opened the nitrous oxide gas starts flowing at high speed through the tube.

3- The high speed nitrous oxide gas pulls fuel out of the needle jet in the tube using Bernoulli's principle. (same as a normal carb)

4- The tube is connected to the carburetor rubber boot (after the carb and before the engine intake port)

5- The jet needle has a main jet that has different sizes for tuning NO/Fuel, and draws fuel from a dedicated float bowl (could be made from scrap carb)

I drew an image and its in the attachments.

I would really love to hear your inputs on how it may or may not work.

Thanks,

sketch nos.jpg

We used the "Soft Plume" tips. Of course these were on injected bikes so we had a fuel supply under pressure.

We used the "Soft Plume" tips. Of course these were on injected bikes so we had a fuel supply under pressure.

wouldn't a fast flow in a narrow tube suck enough fuel without positive pressure? If you can tell me the amount of fuel that passes through the injector per unit time that would be great.  What pressure is the fuel line? I can calculate the negative pressure in the tube and see if it's sufficient to create the same fuel feed rate. I would like to see a video of that thing spraying gas and fuel just to get a rough estimate on how much fuel/gas ratio is needed for proper combustion.

Thanks

Anything can be made to work. The nozzles I am talking about are used on the "sportsman" style individual runner nitrous kits. They have adjustable jets for fuel and Nitrous. These kits on 8 cylinder can be adjusted from 50 to over 500 HP . If you ran nozzle you could use gas and physically measure fuel draw due  when activated. With no fuel pressure as you are running a gravity feed you most likely will have a huge lean spike before fuel is drawn. Remember the nitrous is 900 psi or higher at switch. 

As a side note I have seen lots of Harleys with nitrous kits. Maybe you should look into those and modify to suit your needs. On 230 it is not going to take too much nitrous due to poor head clamping and weak rod assembly. Plus you will need to figure out way to retard ignition while activated or serious damage will happen.

• Like 1

Built one on a sled that used propane for the "wet" .   But had room for both bottles under the seat.       Another way would be slightly pressurize the float bowl with nO using a tunable restriction (read small pilot or main jet shoved into hose).  But like said, on a 230 a dry shot into the airbox would be plenty.