Sign in to follow this  

Airbox change?

Hey there, I am looking for a black airbox and number plate for a 94 cr250. Anyone had any luck using a different year box and pl8 with good results? Still using stock kehin carb and all other plastics are 94 style. I just can't seem to find anyone offering these peices in black, only white is offered. Or is there just no way around this unless I rattle can it and it look like crap after the first ride.

No. 95 were white. 96 black on 250cc. Don't know if 125 boxes are the same but the 96 and 97 had black. 97 being a steel frame on the 125.

• Like 1

If you convert to the 96 air box you will also need to convert to the 95-96 side plates.

is side plates all I'll need or rear fender also? It's getting all new plastic just want to try and get the right ones when I order.

is side plates all I'll need or rear fender also? It's getting all new plastic just want to try and get the right ones when I order.

No, the fenders are the same.  Side plates just have different shape (I like them better on the 95+) and they have different bolt hole locations.  When I did my 94 125, I used the airbox from the 96 cr250 and did the 95+ plastic conversion.  I like it better than the earlier years. 

No, the fenders are the same. Side plates just have different shape (I like them better on the 95+) and they have different bolt hole locations. When I did my 94 125, I used the airbox from the 96 cr250 and did the 95+ plastic conversion. I like it better than the earlier years.

how different are the side plate bolt holes location?

No, the fenders are the same. Side plates just have different shape (I like them better on the 95+) and they have different bolt hole locations. When I did my 94 125, I used the airbox from the 96 cr250 and did the 95+ plastic conversion. I like it better than the earlier years.

actually let me restate my question about little better. If I use a 96 airbox with 96 side panels on a 94 frame and sub frame, which holes will not line up?

actually let me restate my question about little better. If I use a 96 airbox with 96 side panels on a 94 frame and sub frame, which holes will not line up?

I can't remember where the 94 bolt holes on the side panel are because it has been years since I did my conversion.  The 96 has a bolt that bolts into the airbox on the front lower part of the side panel, the other connection is from the seat bolt.  It will line up perfect if you use the 96 side panels with the 96 airbox.

Here is a side view pic of my 125, you will see where the fasteners are on the side panels

20130815_115033_zpsmbshpg9p.jpg

ok yeah I see what your talking about. The bolts got moved down, on the 94 it has the 2 for the seat and the lower bolts are on sub frame but with 96 they moved to airbox. 96 box and side panels it will be. Looking forward to get started on this rebuild just want to get most parts here in advance. Thanks for the help man.
  • Like 1