Sign in to follow this  

Honda Montesa 4RIDE

Looks just like a 4RT with a long ride tank and seat.  Engine also looks like the 4RT engine, which IMO would make a great technical trail bike engine except for the Trials ratios in the gearbox. 

I have two friends with 05 4RTs, the engines have no battery EFI and my riding friend has had zero maintenance issues or failures since 05. 

The 4RT does however have suspension that IMO is too short in travel for fast speeds, don't know about the 4ride.

i would like that just need to spin the gear lever around 180 and your good to go ..

I noticed the 1st and 5th speed gear ratios are the same as the CRF250X.

The low front fender mounts onto a fork brace like the 4RT, so maybe the same forks; which are Showa with a cartridge in one leg and the spring in the other.

I've ridden the 05 4RT and it has an amazing motor for trail riding, a very broad power band with great throttle response from the EFI.

No decompressor so not the easiest engine to kick start.

Lots of bottom end but lacking top end power; acceleration is better than a stock XR200R, but not not as good as a Powroll 218. 

Rear set foot pegs like a Trials bike but with the broad power delivery of the motor you don't need to do much gear shifting.

I thought so highly of the 4RT as a technical trail bike that I considered mods to the gear box and chassis, looks like the 4ride has the big ones covered.

Two friends have 05 4RTs converted to long rides, maybe they'll buy 4rides.