300rr suspension

The better question here should be why would you buy a dedicated Enduro/Trail bike and want to run it on an MX track? Whether or not it could handle it would depend on how crazy you're definition of MX track is. A couple doubles here and there without any serious hits sure with the right springs and valving I'm sure it'd be okay. Not amazing, not good, but just okay. No matter what you do, the 300 RR is simply not an MX bike. Buy an MX bike if you wanna hit 60-80 foot triples and such. If you were really concerned about the bike pulling double duty on trails and a motocross track I'd opt for the Racing Edition with the red Zokes forks or the new 16's with the redesigned Sachs version. The stiffer initial setup should help. But really, this question just gets old and I see it all over the place online. I apologize if I sound frustrated. It's pretty tough to have your cake and eat it to, turning an Enduro/Trail bike into a Motocross bike certainly qualifies. You're probably better off looking at the XC KTM's or the new YZ250X as they're more of a motocross bike with a few trail friendly upgrades/different gearing.

Edited by BoogieMan84
  • Like 2

I would be surprised if anybody has raced more MX on a Beta than us. If there isn't an Endurocross or trials event on that weekend my son is racing MX.

You would want the race edition forks and most likely get the suspension setup for MX, but then it'll handle as well as any MX bike. The power is smoother than your typical MX bike and won't have the top end pull. That may or may not be good for you.

REM%208115.jpg

• Like 3

The better question here should be why would you buy a dedicated Enduro/Trail bike and want to run it on an MX track? Whether or not it could handle it would depend on how crazy you're definition of MX track is. A couple doubles here and there without any serious hits sure with the right springs and valving I'm sure it'd be okay. Not amazing, not good, but just okay. No matter what you do, the 300 RR is simply not an MX bike. Buy an MX bike if you wanna hit 60-80 foot triples and such. If you were really concerned about the bike pulling double duty on trails and a motocross track I'd opt for the Racing Edition with the red Zokes forks or the new 16's with the redesigned Sachs version. The stiffer initial setup should help. But really, this question just gets old and I see it all over the place online. I apologize if I sound frustrated. It's pretty tough to have your cake and eat it to, turning an Enduro/Trail bike into a Motocross bike certainly qualifies. You're probably better off looking at the XC KTM's or the new YZ250X as they're more of a motocross bike with a few trail friendly upgrades/different gearing.

The answer is because I want the best do-it-all bike I can find. Thanks for your opinion, we disagree. I have 1 bike in the garage, it does it all very well thank you.

• Like 1

Hey RasmusDK,

I have the 2015 300RR race, and with the stiffer suspension setup, it works relatively well on the mx track..  Thats the reason i got the racing.. so i can hit the track aswell.. I think the stock 300RR will be too soft out the box for the MX track.  But i've hit 30m table tops without too much issue on my bike. Had my fork serviced a few weeks, ago, and they put less oil in as "most" people complain the racing suspension is too hard.. and it failed dismally at the track.. couldn't do even small jumps without bottoming out.. so getting that fixed now.. But short and tall of the story is get the racing edition if you are planning on riding MX aswell. As stated above, it will handle it, but its not going to be the same as a dedicated MX bike..  But i was happy with the stock Racing edition for the track.. But guess it all depends on your skill level on the mx track aswell.. 

Hope that helps.. 

• Like 2

You can valve and spring any suspension to work well for MX

The issue is the 'all around' issue.

If you want plush, and you want bottoming resistance, that requires an expert suspension tuner, or a speed sensitve dual cartridge fork and shock.

The new Sach Race Edition fork should do the trick. 

That is what I am counting on.

While I don't ride track anymore, I do ride MUCH rougher and very 'jumpy' trails, so I am planning on getting my susepension dialed in for all around use as well.

• Like 2

Well when I got my 2012 300xc that was my intent, a bike for both. Well 3 years later I came to the realization that your better off having 2 bikes. I bought a 2015 YZ250f and absolutely love it on the track, and I'm on the fence on which bike is going to replace my 300xc.

• Like 2

I'm looking at a new 300rr since they get so good reviews..

But can the suspension handle mx at all?

Yea... just look at world enduro championship riders. They pretty much do it all on an enduro bike.. It's up to you to figure out the mods to best adapt to what you are riding..set up suspension etc...but you'll know if it doesn't work so good for you..then you just get stiffer springs etc..adapt.. read up..blah blah blah. I don't ride mx anymore either..but I did for a couple of decades... but I still have the flame inside to open it up once in a while. I feel my 300 rr is versatile to be able to do whatever I set up the bike to do.. I got real stiff springs..much more than I expected to put on because i rode my dealers 250 rr . He is a good 40 lbs heavier than I am , an A rider and bigger and his bike is sprung for him.. I loved how his bike handled and felt... It was still smooth riding for fast yet it handled well in the slow technical stuff too.  Try watching some Enduro World Championship .

Love the maxxis girls!!

• Like 1

The answer is because I want the best do-it-all bike I can find. Thanks for your opinion, we disagree. I have 1 bike in the garage, it does it all very well thank you.

Dirtrider had this thing a few years ago.. it was to have guys set up a do it all bike .. It was 09 I think and Beta set up the first gen Beta 525..but had a 540 kit and made it all trick.. the cool thing was that one of the testers went one of the fastest laps ever on an mx course with this do it all bike.. eventually the demo came to Hawaii and went to a friend of mine who bought it at a good price too. I always liked that 540 kit.. anyway let me see if I can find the article.

http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/off-road-bikes/141_0904_torture_test_2009_beta_540_rx_prototype

15762569-300x225.jpg?itok=7iNbZAJU

Tracks are for puss-ees

:jawdrop:

Yea.. I just got bored with going around in circles... offroad was so much more fun and challenging and I got to ride for long lengths of time. It sucked to race a half hour moto say then wait hours maybe for the second moto..then it was done!!! I got tired of that stuff..hare scrambles or hare and hounds or just riding with friends.. sooo much better. I guess it's good to do both or do it all.. but offroad and coming up on different obstacles ..logs, rocks, hills..up and down..and not knowing what is coming up around each corner and having to adapt is varied and more fun.. overall. ...and there's just so much more riding time.  You know you're getting older when you don't give a shit about a trophy. It's if you had a good ride.. if you didn't break anything on your bike.. didn't hurt yourself..just finishing is good to me... What is better if you win a can of chain oil or socks etc.. something that you can use. I mean it's great to win.. but it doesn't mean as much as just the ride and hanging with other riders and friends and come home without injury ..or having to fix  and pay for a broken bike!!!

• Like 1