Sign in to follow this  

Relatively cheap 250cc trail bike?

13 year old 5'8 still growing... will be 6'4"ish... I don't ride track much but wouldn't mind the ability to. Looking for a bike in the $1000-$2000 range. pretty experienced rider just need a bigger bike. i dont want some bike to learn on im looking for a long lasting durable bike for me to ride. something not crazy heavy and good power. xr250? crf250x? wr250f? any other good bikes?

Out of the 3 you listed, I would say get the WR. Durable, capable, and of course, BLUE! The CRF250x is a good bike too. Can't really go wrong with either. The XR250 is a great, bulletproof bike, but you might find yourself wanting more. But don't rule out 2 strokes. They're typically cheaper to buy and cheaper/easier to maintain. They can also make great woods/trail bikes. I ride a YZ250 in the woods and have the time of my life every ride. But, I would never suggest a bike like that to a 13 year old, so maybe look into a KDX 200 or a YZ125.

KDX 200 OR, even better a 220. The 200 is faster, the 220 is like a 4 stroke is the slow stuff. With a few, normal, mods, the 220 will also rev out like any 2T. Downside is the forks are wanting, especially on tracks. They will do, but can be much better.