Sign in to follow this  

Air fork pump adapter

Hi guys,

So i picked my bike up last weekend and i have a pump which was supposed to fit. But when i came to check the psi they wouldnt fit. So is there anywhere i can buy an adapter and whats the specific name for it?

Thanks

Alex

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What bike?

They don't look like air forks, that's probably a bleed port....after you ride a spring fork for a while, pressure can build up so you put the bike on a stand and undo the screw to vent the air out.

All air forks come with a Schrader fitting that your pump will screen directly onto.

You do get an adapter. I'm not sure what it is called though. Shouldn't be too hard to find one. In case your wondering, those are definitely air forks, and that is not an air bleed hole (although it pretty much serves both purposes). If i'm not mistaken, it's only the newer showa tac forks that come with the schrader valves. All the older style stock air forks come with the design you have. Looks like you have the 2013/2014 kx450f.

Just Google air fork adapter. You should find all the info you need.

2013%20K2.jpg

$_35.JPG

Edited by RoboHobo
  • Like 1

You do get an adapter. I'm not sure what it is called though. Shouldn't be too hard to find one. In case your wondering, those are definitely air forks, and that is not an air bleed hole (although it pretty much serves both purposes). If i'm not mistaken, it's only the newer showa tac forks that come with the schrader valves. All the older style stock air forks come with the design you have. Looks like you have the 2013/2014 kx450f.

Just Google air fork adapter. You should find all the info you need.

2013%20K2.jpg

$_35.JPG

Spot on!