Sign in to follow this  

Racers Toy Store crank rebuild?

Has anyone used the Racers Toy Store to rebuild a stock crank? As far as I know my 2002 has the stock crank in it so it is long over due. I have read a few threads about what crank to use and from what I have read avoid weisco, hot rods are hit are or miss and rebuilt oem or oem is the best.

If it's a 250 then you can use a 05-07 crank which is a better design and you can get a new one from honda east Toledo for $210.00

Edited by 223hpyhooker

I thought it was the 02-04 crank that was supposed to be stronger and then you used the 05-07 base gasket for the squish. I could be way wrong on this and I hope someone can correct me. I own an 03 and will hopefully be getting around to a rebuild soon.

I rebuilt my 03 with the 05 crank and yours has tins on the outside the 05 newer crank is solid . The crank is a direct swap and you don't need any special gaskets unless you are trying to lower your squish. I had my head modded for race fuel and it was a good improvement.

Also I believe the 05 newer crank is slightly heavier.

Has anyone had Rocky

Mountain match a price? I have never done that.

Has anyone had Rocky

Mountain match a price? I have never done that.

Yes they price match my crf450 crank....it was like 320 on their site and they matched it to 262.  But then again I buy a lot of s#&$ from them!

You send them a email with the details and they will email you back a "order" and you call it in.