Sign in to follow this  

Is a NX125 good for medium distance adventures?

I have a dr200 which I love but I always wanted a 2nd dual sport because sometimes I want to take my friends who ride street bikes off roading but they don't own a dual sport so I would let them ride the dr200. I just saw a nx125 come up for sale for a 1000 dollars but I'm not sure if it would be powerful enough. I need to go at least 40mph for 5 miles to get to some trails. I know nothing about these bikes. I wanted a dr350se but a quality one has not come up for sale yet. I saw that these bikes are good for kids but I'm not sure if they're good for adults lol. The dr200 power feels sufficient. I can't really imagine almost half that.

The nx looks really, really cool and I would love to own one but not if I can't ride it.  

I have a dr200 which I love but I always wanted a 2nd dual sport because sometimes I want to take my friends who ride street bikes off roading but they don't own a dual sport so I would let them ride the dr200. I just saw a nx125 come up for sale for a 1000 dollars but I'm not sure if it would be powerful enough. I need to go at least 40mph for 5 miles to get to some trails. I know nothing about these bikes. I wanted a dr350se but a quality one has not come up for sale yet. I saw that these bikes are good for kids but I'm not sure if they're good for adults lol. The dr200 power feels sufficient. I can't really imagine almost half that.

The nx looks really, really cool and I would love to own one but not if I can't ride it.  

I owned an NX650 for years, awesome bike. I would think the 125 would be pathetically slow, haven't ever seen one, so can't tell you for sure. Mine was an '89, as far as I know, they sold them in US for only 2 years, so there pretty rare. My 650 wasn't that good off road, but on road, it handled the nuts and the power was exceptional

I have an nx125. It's a good little commuter and it can do some basic trails, nothing crazy. I'd say the pluses to buying one for your friend is he probably won't kill himself if he opens it up since there is jot much there. It will do 55 mph on flat land for as long as you have fuel I it, but uphill it will slow way down. Do t try and get too crazy off road with one of these but for basic wood roads or dirt paths, I don't think you will have a problem. I out 200 miles on mine the last time I ride it (November 2015)ED802C1C-7032-4F4F-9A76-CE9E026D1EE7_zps. A negative is if your boy crashes it and breaks the plastic, you are going to have a hard time finding and replacing. These bikes were import only 88,89 and 90 so you may spend some time searching for plastics.
  • Like 1