Sign in to follow this  

Caselli Challenge Riders Wanted! - 12/4 @ Glen Helen Raceway

FMF Racing, a long-time ThumperTalk sponsor and backer of the Kurt Caselli Foundation have thoughtfully reserved two team slots for us at this year's event for the newly added Caselli Team Challenge. We're super pumped, but one small problem; ThumperTalk doesn't have a race team!!! Or, do we??? :thinking: With all the TT'ers out there, surely we have four strong riders that would love to ride this event, so who's going to step-up and ride with heart on behalf of thier TT brothers & sisters? Still interested? Read on!

What's the Caselli Team Challenge?

NEW for this year is the Caselli Team Challenge where two riders will pair up and participant in an 8-lap race. The riders will need to use only one bike and switch off each lap. There can only be one pro rider on each team. The start will take place Lemans style with one boot from each of the starting riders in a pile in front of the start line. Riders will run to their boot first and then back to their bike before taking off on the first lap. The race is limited to 30 teams with a grand prize and custom-made trophy awarded to the winning pair.

Rider Support! :banana:

ThumperTalk has some great sponsors and after learning about what we're trying to do, they stepped-up in a big way to support the riders that volunteer!

• MSR Apparel will be decking out Team Challenge riders head-to-toe in their 2016 Legend 71 gear & helmets!
  • MSR Hard Parts is offering up some of their Podium bike stands and other hard parts to increase their competitiveness!
  • Motool is giving away 4 of their slick Slacker Digital Sag Scales, so each bike's sag will be perfect!
  • MotoFXGraphics.com is giving away complete custom graphics kits for the bikes!
  • Acerbis USA is furnishing all new body work to compliment the new graphics kits!
  • Boyesen Engineering has pretty much opened up its parts bin (w/i reason) to give Team Challenge riders whatever edge they can!

There may be more vendor support coming (likely) and while the event is going to be an absolutely fun and memorable experience, the generosity of these vendors for such a grass-roots effort is pretty cool and much appreciated! Yes, the selected riders get to keep the cool swag the supporting vendors are contributing. :thumbsup:

So, you're in? There's more... Keep reading!

Rider Requirements

1. Must be age 18+ to be considered. However, those under age may race with a parent or legal guardian.
2. Must have participated in an organized motocross or GP race inside the last year.
3. Must reside within a one day drive to Glen Helen Raceway. No shows will be hunted down, tarred, and feathered! :devil:
4. Motorcycle must be in race ready condition and of the following years/makes/models:

• 09-16 Honda CRF250R & 450R
  • 02-12 Honda CR125 & 250
  • 09-15 Kawasaki KX250F & 450F
  • 11-15 KTM SX, SX-F, & XC 125-450
  • 10-16 Suzuki RM-Z250 & 450
  • 10-16 Yamaha YZ125-250, YZ250-450F

NOTE :prof:

Just a reminder that this is a two rider per team event. Our preference is for teams to apply TOGETHER. Logistically, it's just a lot more complicated to try to pair people up. So, team applications will get priority.

HOW TO APPLY

Shoot us an email to casellichallenge@thumpertalk.com that includes:

1. Complete contact info for BOTH riders on your team (including phone #s).
2. The year/make/model of the bike that you want to ride.
3. Skill level for both riders.
4. Race career highlights for both riders. Don't need a book; bullet points are fine.
5. If you have any race videos or pictures that you'd like to share, feel free!

We look forward to seeing what ya got!

All the best!

Bryan Bosch & Brian Wilson
ThumperTalk Caretakers

post-3-0-53188700-1447266441.jpg

A BIG thanks to the supporting sponsors of the Caselli Challenge riders from Thumpertalk.com! :worthy:

post-3-0-93334700-1447267506.jpg

post-3-0-74383100-1447267573.jpg

post-3-0-55659200-1447267860.jpg

post-3-0-73139800-1447267918.jpg

post-3-0-40545900-1447268290.jpg

post-3-0-35410500-1447269780.jpg

caselli.jpg

msr-logo.jpg

OHoivAWL.jpg

acerbis.jpg

boyesen.jpg

FMF.jpg

motool-sm-300x124.jpg

We need 4 strong riders to represent Thumpertalk at this event.  There has to be a few of you guys that are rippers and would thrive at an event like this? 

Display your testicular fortitude in a legendary manner and STEP UP!!

:cheers:

• Like 2

They are offering free plastics to run the graphics all of which you get to keep!   You could get Blue plastics so you aren't embarrassed riding the ugly step child of bikes  ;)

• Like 2

Sounds like it would be a blast. And im pretty close ;)

Make it happen son :cheers:   Do you have a partner in crime?   Can he haul ass too?  This is such an awesome opportunity

What about Squid and Wes?   I know you guys have 6 laps in ya right?  Aren't you guys close to Glen Helen? 

GBowman do you still rip around the track? 

• Like 1

What about Squid and Wes? I know you guys have 6 laps in ya right? Aren't you guys close to Glen Helen?

GBowman do you still rip around the track?

I'm close enough, don't have a bike on the list and I'm not really a MX guy but damn it sounds fun. I do have a couple buddies I could pair with that are older 50's and not bad for their age

• Like 2

Make it happen son :cheers: Do you have a partner in crime? Can he haul ass too? This is such an awesome opportunity

i sobered up a bit and realized i dont belong there lol

Kinda lame you have to have a newer bike to race. Does not seem fair to the riders who cant afford that new of a bike

Then go 2 stroke! 2002 CR 125-250 isn't very new. I'm a full days drive away and have a sweet 01' and 03' CR125 that I race in the 250 Int class, is this open to the general public?

• Like 1

Then go 2 stroke! 2002 CR 125-250 isn't very new. I'm a full days drive away and have a sweet 01' and 03' CR125 that I race in the 250 Int class, is this open to the general public?

yes sir !   :cheers:

Do you have to be within driving distance?

Within a days drive. How far can you drive in a day ?  ;)

Glen Helen is about 24hrs from my dealership. I would consider sending a team if I could make it all work.

• Like 1

Glen Helen is about 24hrs from my dealership. I would consider sending a team if I could make it all work.

Hoping you make it work  :cheers: