Sign in to follow this  

Primary Drive chain and sprockets

Anyone have any experience with Primary Drive brand O ring chain and sprockets from Rocky mountain ATVMC? I'm thinking about picking them up for my YZ250 because the price is great. Lots of good reviews. What do you guys think?

I haven't used them on my big bike, but my project TTR got them. They seem to wear about 20% faster than Renthals and the biggest thing I noticed was that they are HEAVY. Weekend warrior should see no issue, and I would run them on my big bike. 

I only use primary drive stuff and it's soo cheap I buy multiples of it to have on hand. Good stuff! Lasts a long time for non-pros.

• Like 1

I've run a few chains and counter shaft sprockets. For a little more money a RK lasts much longer. The countershafts go fast. I'm still running the rears. They'll last as long as my RK chains.

Ride a good deal of sand. Bought a set for my yz250f...weekend warrior practice days or trail riding. Def not A level, but do aight... Been quite happy with the set. Obviously a little heavier then aluminum, most of us mere mortals wouldnt never notice it lol. The o-ring chain took forever before it needed to be adjusted. Only have had to adjust it once in a good chunk of hours. So I guess I am saying, they are a good value in my opinion.

I should add, I also got mine from rocky...what they pictured in the ad was not at all what the rear sprocket looked like. I like the one in the ad a lot more, but w/e. 

• Like 1

Love mine. Only had to adjust once after about 15-20 hours of hard motocross riding since new. I would buy again for the price.

I run their alloy rear and steel front sprocket on my 450 and I see no reason not too. Durability is not an issue as I see it and quality/craftsmanship seems on par with the much more expensive pieces from the big name brands. Just make sure both sprockets and chain are cleaned and lubed properly and keep the chain adjusted and you'll be fine with them. I don't, however, run their chain. But for no good reason.

I run the PD Xring and sprockets on my CR500 that sees a lot of sand duty.  I have only had to adjust it once in over a year.

I wouldn't be surprised if PD and Tusk were made at the same factory as some of the other brands.