Sign in to follow this  

500 EXC fuel tank upgrade costs?

I am thinking of buiding up a second, larger fuel tank for my 2015 EXC 500 and was wondering roughly what the extras would cost, so I could just unbolt the stock tank and drop the larger tank on and keep the stock ready to reinstall?  What else would I need to buy other than the fuel pump assembly?

I am thinking of buiding up a second, larger fuel tank for my 2015 EXC 500 and was wondering roughly what the extras would cost, so I could just unbolt the stock tank and drop the larger tank on and keep the stock ready to reinstall?  What else would I need to buy other than the fuel pump assembly?

I have a 4.1 gal Acerbis, no extras needed.

other than the fuel pump, acerbiz should come with all bits, you might like a extra quick disconnect full hose from the tank, if you intend to swap occasionally.

I also have 4.1 acerbis it does come with kit to assimble it also was really easy did it in less than 20 min. Uses same pump wiring just change nuts and bottom of tank. Now the pro billet rack that was a chore.

Edited by J03lz
  • Like 1

I went with the 3.2 gallon tank. My OEM tank and radiator plastics and graphics mount to the new tank with no problems. I don't think you can use your plastics with the 4.1 gallon but one of the guys who has one can post a pic if I am wrong. I used this tank at Moab and then Colorado and had plenty of fuel for all the day rides we did. The OEM fuel snake dropped in and then you bolted up the parts that come with the Acebis tank. Glad I went with this size tank.

Edited by KAG
  • Like 1

KAG has a point if you want OEM look 5.3 or 4.1 are much diffrent looking and you have to desmog to put them on i dont know about the 3.2. The desmog doesnt take long also and kit isnt expensive.

• Like 1

KAG has a point if you want OEM look 5.3 or 4.1 are much diffrent looking and you have to desmog to put them on i dont know about the 3.2. The desmog doesnt take long also and kit isnt expensive.

I desmogged my bike already, I should have pointed that out.  

• Like 1

I'm believe a fuel pump is in the $400 range. Plus $200 tank and $60 quick release. Plus pjt in the short stubby outlet (Ktm hardparts) $80 and ur set. Roughly $700 give it take depending on your discounts from dealer. Then keep another $2000-3000 sitting around for new gear and all the cool shit Ktm sells for these things. Tour $10 grand bike turns into a $15,000 pretty quick. Lol. Don't ask us how we know. Lol. Enjoy