Sign in to follow this  

1980 KLX250 Barn Find. Looking For Parts!

Hey guys, got myself a 1980 KLX250 barn find. This past summer my folks put there place up for sale and Dad said to dig through the old barn to see if there was anything I wanted. Lo and behold, his original 1980 KLX250 was sitting back in the corner half covered with a blanket, covered in spider webs, dirt and bird crap. This is a completely bone stock KLX which I am now going through to bring back to life. This bike even has the original tires from 1980 on it, probably same oil from the mid 90's or 2000's in it. Anyway, trying to source out parts places in case there is anything I need to replace on this bike with only 2000KM's on it. One thing I need is a air cleaner element and no one, UNI, K&N got nothing for me. Does anyone have one they are using that will fit this bike?

I know eBay has parts but does anyone else have any sources for this old of a bike, I've done some google searches and calls but finding not a lot out there so if anyone has a good source for parts, please send it my way.

Thanks and happy trails!

Rory

You are going to have a "fun" time sourceing parts for a bike that old. Mine is a 1999 which was made virtually unchanged thru 2007 and parts are already getting hard to find. One thing i did was compared parts callouts for what I own with other bikes of the same manufacturer and found that sometimes what I was looking for matched another more popular bike. In my early days of riding it was not uncommon for different manufacturers to use the same part. You are going to have to get creative because your task will certainly not be easy. 

Good luck !!