* This* is a rear tire thread ! 120/100-18 soft-medium terrain

If you're running tubliss...Shinko 520

I've got one of these on order to try on an 18" wheel I'm building.  120/18. 

What riding areas are you running that tire?  What pressures?  Any other details or comparisons?  Jeff from Nuetech highly recommended it.

• Like 1

maxis it is the worst traction tire ever. slides around, not good on throttle happy whiskey throttle 2ts but virtually flat proof with tubes and never goes bald. but you can't make hills with it either

i used 404- my fav but gone now- keep them out of the rocks tho

i like the pirelllli mx extra x- also keep them out of the rocks

new fav is the battle crosser x30s- them bitches eat hard in soft to mid pack- still won't go in rocks with them

still wanna try the sti tires and the shinko 520

kendas are good for ten minutes of trail riding

dung lops are for track only. the tires my bike came with lasted only a couple rides

not impressed with at81

604 was ok until i sliced the sidewall on a dirtroad

mt 43 is a death trap tire. good for speeds under 15kph tho

some guys like the sedona 907? 

• Like 2

maxis it is the worst traction tire ever. slides around, not good on throttle happy whiskey throttle 2ts but virtually flat proof with tubes and never goes bald. but you can't make hills with it either

i agree.

but i saw firsthand, a guy from this forum that wasnt from my group, cleaning some challenging hills with the maxxis it. i wont say who because i think he chooses to stay in the shadows like a ninja.. but the tire was brand new when we started. he shredded half the knobs off by the end of the day. it was outstanding! haha

i still say that tire sucks, because in that instance it wasnt the tire it was the rider.

Yah the Maxxis doesn't even begin to grab traction until you get it to 6-8 pounds or less and needs tubeless or a couple rim locks to keep from tearing out the tube stem... but then it wallows at speed.  Also needs a 4 stroke to get it to hook.  Awful tire on a 2t.  But aired down it will pull my big ole 530 out of rocky shit pretty good.

Now some of you who have ridden with me will say..."but MR COOl I have seen you fail miserably at climbing hills."

Yes you see I , unlike KRANNIE, and most arrogant delusional Americans blame myself for mediocrity....... not a &%$#@!in tire.

?

Edited by Mr. CooL ICE
  • Like 2

Now some of you who have ridden with me will say..."but MR COOl I have seen you fail miserably at climbing hills."

Yes you see I , unlike KRANNIE, and most arrogant delusional Americans blame myself for mediocrity....... not a &%$#@!in tire.

?

I, unlike you, blame YOU for my mediocrity. 

(no smiley face)

i agree.

but i saw firsthand, a guy from this forum that wasnt from my group, cleaning some challenging hills with the maxxis it. i wont say who because i think he chooses to stay in the shadows like a ninja.. but the tire was brand new when we started. he shredded half the knobs off by the end of the day. it was outstanding! haha

i still say that tire sucks, because in that instance it wasnt the tire it was the rider.

That's because the hills you guys ride are for newbs

• Like 1

Sorry but I like the M5B...its pretty much all I run now.

Washougal is my go to budget tire.

I'm running a Pirelli MX Extra on my YZ250 thats working great all around. Good grip, good wear.

I like the Michelin MS3 as well. Have not tried the new Starcross 5 line yet.

Can't get 404's any more(at least I cant, but I have a hoard of 403's) and I have not tried the Battlecross.

Sedona is worth trying for sure, pretty sure Slavens stock them.

I bought a Pirelli Extra-X 120/90-18 today.

Gonna run it a 8lb with a XHD tube.

Should be fun, with big bristley knobs and all.

Medium weight, medium flex carcass, huge knobs, medium hard rubber (so I sumize with my limited senses)

Washougals coming, for next time and next bike.

I'm running my MX Extra at 8-10lbs with an HD tube. Works pretty nice in everything including hardpack. No knobs chunking but definitely rounded from rocks.

• Like 1