Sign in to follow this  

12v lamp light power off of cr125 stator

Is it possible to make or even buy a voltage regulator to knock down whatever voltage the stator pumps out to power a 12 volt off-road lamp? Im just curious if its possible for it to even keep power for both the spark plug and the lamp to keep the bike running healthy. I want to do some night time rides with it if possibleImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447219494.779697.jpg

You need a separate coil to run a lihht. Not sure of the company but there are some offers of a lighting coil. There may even be offerings of a kit. You will need a voltage regulator to keep the bulb from getting blown as the voltage rises. Do some searching on the net.

What year cr125? If it is the year with the electronic power valves you can rap into the 12VDC there to run the light. Otherwise you will have to buy a lighting stator (or use a battery) to power the light

I don't think they make a lighting coil for that year any longer as electrex world and electro sport both say "out of stock". You could try emailing them and see if the cane make one up for you I guess. Your other choice is to just run the light off a battery