Sign in to follow this  

Cold Weather Gear Question

I ride mostly single track and wear a chest protector (with the shoulder pads). I'm thinking of getting an off-road jacket, such as the Fly Racing Patrol Jacket , but am not sure what size to get. Large would fit well, but that would be pretty snug with a chest protector underneath. Do people typically wear there chest protectors underneath and remove the shoulder pads? I'd prefer to keep the guards on because they've saved my shoulders countless times, but don't want to get a huge jacket that doesn't fit me properly just to accommodate them.

Edited by mossman77

Do not alter the chest protector.....you need all of it. Also, get the larger jacket that fits over the chest protector because you wont ever ride with the jacket without the chest protector so why worry about it being too big?

Joe

Okay. I'm thinking the jacket may already have some extra room in the chest and arms to accommodate a chest protector. Guess I better try a couple sizes on at a local retailer first.

I have an adventure jacket, I pull the shoulders/back armor out of that and run a Tekvest underneath.

A little bulkier than just the jacket, do have to adjust the waist velcroes out a little, but it fits and works.  Tekvest isn't as bulky as the plastic MX roost guards either, fits to your body a little better.

DSC02555_-L.jpg