Sign in to follow this  

New CDI for 150 XC

The CDI in my '14 150 XC may be bad. Is there an aftermarket unit available that would give a performance benefit (or perhaps a CDI from a SX) or should I stick with the OEM part for that bike?

Thank you!

If you decide you want a sx cdi I have cdi,wiring harness,coil,& stator from a 20 hr 150sx I will sell cheap but all go together. 

Took off bike looking for cause of a high rpm stutter/cutout that ended up being combination of poor fuel quality(detonation) and faulty reeds.

2014 150sx

Edited by qwert321
  • Like 1

I tried the 125/150 SXS ignition on our 2012 150 XC and it definitely gave the bike more bark/over rev.

Edited by Cuda7050

I tried the 125/150 SXS ignition on our 2012 150 XC and it definitely gave the bike more bark/over rev.

That is the answer I was looking for. Do you have a part number by chance? Would this work on my '14?

Any downside?

Thank you.

That is the answer I was looking for. Do you have a part number by chance? Would this work on my '14?

Any downside?

Thank you.

I called Munn Racing, they answered all of my questions and had it (PN SXS15125390) delivered to my house at a good price. I do mix race fuel with my gas. KTM recommends using the $59 SXS spark plug, but the NGK Iridium plug worked fine also.

Edited by Cuda7050