want to remove scratches

Every scratch tells a story. If you're not the one who scratched it you can either make up some good stories or buy new plastics but please, for the love of God, DO NOT paint your plastics to get rid of scratches. I guess you could take a hobby knife to any large gouges and try to smooth it over with a fine grit sandpaper but I'm not sure why someone would go through that on a bike that's just gonna get bounced off more trees and rocks anyway.

• Like 5

My plastics have 4 seasons of use and tumbles and I'm not about to replace them anytime soon, money better invested elsewhere on the bike.

I simply wipe Armor-All on the plastics after washing the bike and despite some scratches it looks dam good from 5-6 feet away or more,

often getting compliments from other riders parked alongside my truck in the pits.

After a few minutes of riding, the plastics are either dusty or muddy anyway so even the worst scratches don't even attract any attention.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Sand the plastics and use a heat gun to bring back the shine. stop listening to others and just go do that, lol.

I do not have a heat gun. 

Surely, new plastic is good, but now I do not want to spend money on it. 

I have 2 cans of this paint https://www.mrosupply.com/search/?q=spray+paint

It seems that it can be used for plastic. I will try to degrease and repaint the plastic. Will add photos, when I am ready with it! 

The other day I was cleaning my bike in the garage and my wife was cleaning the house she came to the garage and left the bucket with the cleaning products I was looking through some of these products and I saw a mop&glo, since the product does magic for my kitchen floor( vinyl) I decided to try , put on my plastics and graphics and the bike was shining like New, I thought to myself it will last long ride after 5 washes and 5 rides is still look like new maybe you should give a try

• Like 1

The other day I was cleaning my bike in the garage and my wife was cleaning the house she came to the garage and left the bucket with the cleaning products I was looking through some of these products and I saw a mop&glo, since the product does magic for my kitchen floor( vinyl) I decided to try , put on my plastics and graphics and the bike was shining like New, I thought to myself it will last long ride after 5 washes and 5 rides is still look like new maybe you should give a try

Hmmm, 

interesting... thanks for the idea. 

Maybe it is even better than painting. I think that after spray paint I will have a huge mess in the garage.