Looking at a 500exc

Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a new bike. I have had a couple DRZ 400s in the past . Now I'm looking at a 500EXC. there is one for sale near me that is a 14 with 7500 mikes on it and a fresh top end. Is this a lot of miles for this bike? My only comparison is the DRZ and that is not a lot of mile for them. Any things I should look for ?

Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a new bike. I have had a couple DRZ 400s in the past . Now I'm looking at a 500EXC. there is one for sale near me that is a 14 with 7500 mikes on it and a fresh top end. Is this a lot of miles for this bike? My only comparison is the DRZ and that is not a lot of mile for them. Any things I should look for ?

rather buy my 15 with with 500 miles and 7 hours

Wait that's the new speedo, do you want me to include the old speedo hours and mileage?

rather buy my 15 with with 500 miles and 7 hours

Wait that's the new speedo, do you want me to include the old speedo hours and mileage?

So could someone swap out their speedometer and reset the bikes mileage and hours to zero? If so, that would be pretty dirty to perspective buyers. Especially if there's no dealer service records. Edited by Deepseadan

So could someone swap out their speedometer and reset the bikes mileage and hours to zero? If so, that would be pretty dirty to perspective buyers. Especially if there's no dealer service records.

Yes to all the above on the exc's and xcw's, its as simple as changing out the speedo

I have a 2015 500 EXC that I am willing to sell in the next few weeks.   I have to register it first, since I still have the Manufacturer origin paperwork. I bought it brand new and never registered it.  Also It's never been on the street, only off road.  Only has 404 miles and 25 hours on the original motor (16 miles per hour).  I've only ridden it in Roswell, NM OHV area for maybe 100 and the Sierra National Forest near Fresno, Ca, for the other 300 miles.

05480A3A-F8FA-4112-A1CB-A45559D0CD25_zps

AE8C3539-4DE6-4331-A041-A808B65CF90F_zps

50BDF034-A64C-4172-97A3-E7612ADBF08D_zps

Edited by riding4life162