Sign in to follow this  

New to desert racing, what type of armor/protection do you wear

Other than the obvious helmet, boots, and gloves what do you wear.

Our typical terrain is sand, rocks, and really loose dirt I like to call talcum powder.

I plan on wearing knee/shin guards and a roost deflector. What about elbow pads, kidney pads, etc?

I find when I wear elbow pads they fall down. When I tighten them so they don't fall I get arm pump due to lack of blood circulation.

Please chime in.

Thanks

For desert racing here in northern Nevada with hardly any trees, but a lot of rocks, whoops and g-outs. I run a Troy Lee 5955 chest protector because it's light weight and accommodates my leatt Moto GPX neck brace very well. I also run Asterisk knee braces. I used to wear an EVS G6 ballistic jersey, but it is a little constricting and hot.

For desert racing here in northern Nevada with hardly any trees, but a lot of rocks, whoops and g-outs. I run a Troy Lee 5955 chest protector because it's light weight and accommodates my leatt Moto GPX neck brace very well. I also run Asterisk knee braces. I used to wear an EVS G6 ballistic jersey, but it is a little constricting and hot.

I think I might get the chest protector you mentioned, looks like much better mid=-waist and lower back protection than what I have. I guess the thing I worry about most is finding something to protect elbows. I have knee braces but not sure what to do for elbows - outside of the ballistic jersey which would be just too hot in summer here...