Replaced Headlight - Where did you hide the old wires?

Recently acquired a nice DRZ400SM with SM AND S wheels. The previous owner had replaced the stock headlight with a Baja Designs Squadron LED Headlight kit. I really like the light. The bike used to be ridden in the mostly dry high desert area. It now is in the NorthWET area of Washington state.

My situation is this - The connectors that used to be in the stock headlight bucket are now exposed. 1. Have you covered them? How did you do this?

I do plan on using dialectic grease and tape on all connections but would like to find a nice looking means to provide a little cover in that area.

Thoughts - Use a zip lock bag with opening on the bottom as I have seen recommended here (Don't like the looks)

-  Use a small water proof windshield bag or sililiar? - (Which ones have been used)?

-  Measure and make my own cover? (I do have a 3d printer) ??

What has been done before??  Thanks

Steve

Any wires on you bike that are unused, (not sure why they would not be used to run the aftermarket headlamp) I would just trace back to connector and remove the wire and terminal end from connector. No reason to have any unused wires hanging behind your headlamp

Sorry - I tried to be clear but obviously i wasn't. The wires are all connected but are now out in the open behind the new headlight no longer covered by the removed headlight bucket.

Steve

Any wires on you bike that are unused, (not sure why they would not be used to run the aftermarket headlamp) I would just trace back to connector and remove the wire and terminal end from connector. No reason to have any unused wires hanging behind your headlamp

Sorry my misstake...when I did the rewiring on my bike....I used the factory connectors....purchased factory terminals and installed them in the connectors.

All bike wiring are unsealed connectors... unlike automotive..I guess to make it work..it has to be quality terminals and wires and no place that moisture can collect.

Use "Spiral Wrap" or the other wiring covers that is a corrugated tube split down the middle

(Home Depot has it); I use it all the time on exposed wiring that I cover to give it a more

finished look. I did this on my DRZ when I removed the headlight and windbreak and 

installed a 7" Trail Tech light.

• Like 1