Sign in to follow this  

Need help knowing what size I should get.

Hello, I am 15 years old and I have owned a ttr 125 for a year now, I am getting way too big for it and am looking for an upgrade. I love 4 strokes but the only upgrade I could see would work would be going to a 250 which everyone always says, "you'll kill yourself, way too much power for you!". I personally love getting the tire off the ground and having a lot of power, I think I could handle a 250 personally, I was thinking about either a crf250r or a kx 250f I wanted to start racing as well, and I dont have alot of money so I would need a bike I could use for a while without having to keep upgrading to a new size every time I grow. What are your guys's thoughts?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?  Since you stated that you don't have a lot of money right now, I would highly suggest a 125 cc two stroke.

Get whatever you want. Full size and full power. Just be mindful of the throttle at first and the big bikes are able to accommodate your increase in aggression and skill.

If you think you could handle the 250, go for it. I suggest the crf because of the price difference over the kxf.

Edited by jacoB1234

I personally think you should skip the 125 and go strait to the 250f. I'm 15 but I'm 5-11 and 200 pounds, I'm thinking about moving to a 450. So 250f is really nice. I rode one when I was 140 pounds and it was manageable. Very nimble bikes. But they are powerful.