Sign in to follow this  

New Sprockets and Chain for WR

I have bought05 WR250F that has completely wrong sprockets. 12 tooth front and some massively oversized rear that I haven't even attempted to count. Well it's very slow it's hard to pull a wheelie because it tops out before it's halfway up. I want the stock 13/52 gearing and a good chain. I like DID chains I can't find the right model on Rocky Mountain the one DID says I need is listed as a road chain on Rocky Mountain. If someone knows the model on ricky mountain I should get please leave me the name or link. As for sprockets my cousin recommended rental ultralight. He said they last longer than steel on his 14 250fx. I'm just worried they might wear on me to quick. If anyone knows something better on ricky mountain please leave me a link. Thanks.

DID is over rated, IMO. If you must have a DID just don't use the machine filter and select whatever you want in 520. As long as you have a chain breaker.

You really can't go wrong with a Primary Drive kit for your machine. It will come with the correct length X-ring chain in std or gold plated, and either steel or alloy sprockets. Don't get fooled by the brand name. I went 2 years on a Primary Drive X-ring Gold on a YZ250 without adjustment before I sold it. But I did run an Ironman rear sproket. The Primary Drive alloy rear I put on my FX has 33 hours on it with the stock chain and shows little wear, ie no adjustment and chain cannot be pulled off the rear sprocket at all yet.

If you want the best of the best, go to www.dirttricks.com and order an Ironman rear and Regina ORN-6.

http://dirttricks.com/shop/yamaha-rear-sprocket-chrome

http://dirttricks.com/shop/regina-o-ring-chain?attribute_type=520+Narrow+Chain+%3A+120+link