Sign in to follow this  

Recommend a Silverado forum?

I am lemon lawing out of an f150 and researching all the other full size trucks.

I have good forums for Ram and Toyota but could use a recommendation for a forum to ask and learn about Chevy Silverados. Any suggestions?

NC

I am lemon lawing out of an f150 and researching all the other full size trucks.

I have good forums for Ram and Toyota but could use a recommendation for a forum to ask and learn about Chevy Silverados. Any suggestions?

NC

www.gm-trucks.com is the best one I've found.

I wouldn't buy a Dodge because of IRS suspension makes for an awesome ride but comes at a cost when it comes to towing and maintenance. The truck overall won't last, the interior is clean and well designed, 5.7l motor is nice though. The resale sucks too.

I wouldn't buy a GMC because at 120k miles of regular offroad, the doors won't close worth crap, the truck overall sits too low and to make 35s work you need to go twice as high in a lift to make it so they don't rub, the electronics in GMCs have been problematic since day one. The 6.2l in the high-end models is one of the single best gas motors I have ever driven though.

I wouldn't buy a Toyota for the premium price you pay and atrocious gas mileage.

Overall, the F150 was a better package for my needs. Between a proven 5.0l motor and towing capacity at the top of the food chain, it was a no brainer...

• Like 1

NC

Yes, Google is your friend.

Buy a truck based on your needs...

20151102_111220_zps5w2knbld.jpg

nevermind, prob right at the limit I'd imagine. I need my class A license to tow our skid steer and mini ex with my truck Edited by motosinko805

nevermind, prob right at the limit I'd imagine. I need my class A license to tow our skid steer and mini ex with my truck

Anything over 10k pounds we need an endorsed licence (I have). Without the blower, the unit pulls at 9600lbs, add another 600lbs for the blower, in this picture I'm over limit. I have a couple 1 tons that I can pull with but surprisingly they don't feel as good as the F150 does (or as comfortable). I've pulled up to 14k pounds with the truck with no issues. I haven't been stopped in this truck but I'm sure it will come...

silveradosierra is a good one as well.

All trucks have little quirks, its just how long you want to keep it and what you want to deal with.  to me the best truck would have bits of all of the top 3.  Toyota to me only makes a good 4cyl, and GM makes a good v8.  Cummin(not Dodge) makes a good diesel. 

Ive found GM parts to be less expensive and their vehicles easier to work on but that's me

Fullsize Chevy is the best. GMT400 is another good one but you don't have one of those.

They have them most knowledgeable user base and the most tech. Other GM forums tend to be a more casual, lower-level of information. 

Yes, Google is your friend.

Yes and insight from informed viewers, as opposed to people like you, can help me decide which forums are worth spending time on and which are full of useless responses like yours.  Thank you for proving my point.

NC

Edited by NumberCruncher

Why not a F150?

Not sure if you are directing this at me or not but I am lemon lawing out of an F-150.  Attorneys have taken my case and they wouldn't do that if they didn't think  I would win.

My 2015 has gone through four transfer cases in 10,000 miles, suffered a master cylinder failure and has more rattles and squeaks than all my prior new car purchases combined.  I thought long and hard about buying a brand new design truck in it's first year and I got burned.  Lawyers should help me walk away clean.  

Ironically, when transfer case #2 went out in July I asked my Seattle area dealer to order a new one as I was almost foolish enough to just do a straight trade.  That other new 2015 had a broken speedometer?  I sat inside a 2015 F-150 with 4 miles on the odometer and before I could even get the key in the ignition the speedo was reading 60 mph.  How this got past the PDI is beyond me.  I am glad I walked away and now I'll get into a new 2016 something or other for almost no cash out of pocket.

Hope your F-150 is better than the one I bought and the replacement I almost bought.

NC

Configuring an XLT with the options I want puts the MSRP around 48k.  A Toyota Tundra Limited comes in at about 44k.  Given that the Ford always has about 4k in rebates prices work out to be pretty close given how much money they are in general.  Most of the Toyota guys seem to get about the same MPG as Ram Hemi owners.  My 5.0 will likely do 1 or 2 mpg better than a Tundra but the Tundra has a lot more torque down low.  I love my 5.0 over 3,500 rpm but in the 2,000 to 3,000 rpm range it is lacking a little bit.

NC

I wouldn't buy a Dodge because of IRS suspension makes for an awesome ride but comes at a cost when it comes to towing and maintenance. The truck overall won't last, the interior is clean and well designed, 5.7l motor is nice though. The resale sucks too.

I wouldn't buy a GMC because at 120k miles of regular offroad, the doors won't close worth crap, the truck overall sits too low and to make 35s work you need to go twice as high in a lift to make it so they don't rub, the electronics in GMCs have been problematic since day one. The 6.2l in the high-end models is one of the single best gas motors I have ever driven though.

I wouldn't buy a Toyota for the premium price you pay and atrocious gas mileage.

Overall, the F150 was a better package for my needs. Between a proven 5.0l motor and towing capacity at the top of the food chain, it was a no brainer...

Not sure if you are directing this at me or not but I am lemon lawing out of an F-150. Attorneys have taken my case and they wouldn't do that if they didn't think I would win.

My 2015 has gone through four transfer cases in 10,000 miles, suffered a master cylinder failure and has more rattles and squeaks than all my prior new car purchases combined. I thought long and hard about buying a brand new design truck in it's first year and I got burned. Lawyers should help me walk away clean.

Ironically, when transfer case #2 went out in July I asked my Seattle area dealer to order a new one as I was almost foolish enough to just do a straight trade. That other new 2015 had a broken speedometer? I sat inside a 2015 F-150 with 4 miles on the odometer and before I could even get the key in the ignition the speedo was reading 60 mph. How this got past the PDI is beyond me. I am glad I walked away and now I'll get into a new 2016 something or other for almost no cash out of pocket.

Hope your F-150 is better than the one I bought and the replacement I almost bought.

NC

Too bad. I've had pretty good luck with my F150. Though I do miss the torque of my diesels...

The electric power steering on the newer fords is becoming an issue. And you can't just swap out the rack. The steering computer is part of the rack and requires programming.

My 04 1500 gmc was a great truck. Buddy just lemoned his 14 gmc 1500. Shuddered under load when towing. I recommend a hard look at the Nissan cummins. The mileage may be good enough to pay for the truck? I purchased a new ford 150 once and that thing was in the shop all the time.

Edited by rolliew