Sign in to follow this  

2004 CR250 new top end

I just ordered a new cylinder and piston for my bike. My service manual says that "a new cylinder will come with fitted flap valves and flap valve shaft, do not replace with old parts" I don't think my new cylinder is coming with the new RC valve and shaft. Has anyone tried using there old valve?

Thanks.

i just replaced an 07 CR250 cylinder on a mates bike i am rebuilding and his came without the RC valve flap or shaft or studs or anything........just the bare cylinder from OEM Honda. 

have a look at the parts diagram for your 04 cylinder and see what is included in the part number

As far I know only the 02 Cyl. is sold with the powervalve flaps & not the 03-07 cyl's..

• Like 1

No. 02-04 cyl's are not the same & have different oem porting specs with each yr. needing the same yr. powervalve flaps.   The exhaust port dimension changed each yr. so it does require the the same yr. powervalve flaps.  The 02-04 cyl heads remained the same & they are interchangeable.  

No. 02-04 cyl's are not the same & have different oem porting specs with each yr. needing the same yr. powervalve flaps. The exhaust port dimension changed each yr. so it does require the the same yr. powervalve flaps. The 02-04 cyl heads remained the same & they are interchangeable.

Well this just saved me a lot of money!

• Like 1

Thanks H4L! In the service manual it says 02 flaps had letter codes on them but after 02 there is nothing. Was hoping my 04 flaps would work in an 03 jug

• Like 1