Sign in to follow this  

Utah last chance for trail work and riding in Moab

Moto Maniacs-  Before winterizing your motorcycle, you could have Moab's trails all to yourself over the next few weeks. Yesterday's rain has firmed up the sand, and the forecast calls for fifty-degree temperatures in the shade, which translates to sixty in the sun.

While you're here, help Ride with Respect finish designating new singletracks. For a few hours of work, we'll provide a sandwich and exercise to keep warm. Specifically, next week RwR will finish working at Tenmile Point (see photo), then we'll move on to Utah Rims (northeast of Westwater), and finally Tombstone Rock (south of Tenmile).

Just let me know when you're available. One trail at a time, we'll keep the Moab landscape healthy and accessible!  Thanks -Clif

Tenmile Point trail construction.jpg

Are these work days weekend or mid-week? I am interested in helping. The Moab Trail Mix group (mtb) sets an impressive bar when it comes to getting new trails (mountain bike in this case) that would be awesome if we could get Dirt Bike trail growth as even a fraction of what they have achieved.

Hopefully I can join you.  I'd be interested primarily in mid-week work. Monday looks snowy on my route (i-70) and rainy there. Perhaps I could come out Tuesday....how many days could I help?  I could help all week...or less if thats all I could be useful for. I can find plenty to do out there so no worries about me having nothing to do.

The weather en route coming home looks snowy on Thursday, so I'd preferably avoid that. of course, that will likely change.

Thanks for organizing and for all that you do!

Edited by dmac1