2001 Kx250 carb leak issue/Jetting HELP ME! Plz

I'm going to apologize ahead of time for this, as I'm sure this has been covered many times now.

But I have just finished building my Kx250 from the ground up. Come to realize I have a awful carb leak, coming from the bottom of the bowl tube. It just pisses gas everywhere. Even if u start the bike, still pisses everywhere. I have ordered a new Carb rebuild kit. I know it's either the float height is off or the float needle is &%$#@!ed. Either way, it has to be one of those. Also, since I'll have the carb opened up

I'd like to know what jetting spec to use for my bike

I have a Full Procircuit Platinum header parred to a R304 shorty, I also have boyesen carbon fiber reeds

And want to know what's the best jetting specs for 70-80degrees (summer time) thank you guys in advance

Carbs are my weakpoint. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447303526.870630.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447303541.121382.jpg

Well, sounds like you already pulled the carb apart but the first step is usually to whack the side of the carb bowl with the handle of a screwdriver. most times this will jostle the float enough to get it to stop leaking and in many cases fix the problem entirely.

If it continues to leak pull the bowl, check that the float isnt full of gas (bad) and the float level is correct. If these check out good then it pays to just replace the float needle and seat.

Fixed the carb leak,

Now I live in Delaware

And it's starting to get cold now

And I want my bike to be jetted accordingly

It has a full Procircuit exhaust

And boyesen carbon fiber pro reeds

I'm running a 165main jet

And a 52 pile jet

But it doesn't seem to have that loud 2stroke ring like my Cr250 did. Granted, the KX is loud. But could jus be because the CR had a full FMF is all. But I'd love some jetting input

For colder and warmer set ups

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447599249.894435.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447599264.495892.jpg

Fixed the carb leak,

Now I live in Delaware

And it's starting to get cold now

And I want my bike to be jetted accordingly

It has a full Procircuit exhaust

And boyesen carbon fiber pro reeds

I'm running a 165main jet

And a 52 pile jet

But it doesn't seem to have that loud 2stroke ring like my Cr250 did. Granted, the KX is loud. But could jus be because the CR had a full FMF is all. But I'd love some jetting input

For colder and warmer set ups

Pro Circuit says that for sea level and 70*F your main jet is too large. 

https://www.procircuit.com/jettingspecs4.htm#2001

However, as it gets colder you will need to richen all circuits typically. You didn't say what needle or clip position you have. If it's stock and you plan to ride this winter some I would lower the clip one notch to richen that circuit which covers 0.25-0.75 of the throttle range. 

Read more about jetting here. 

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/347305-is-your-two-stroke-running-rich-read-here/

My needle clip is at the 3rd rock from the top

So if I went up one more it would be at the tippy top

The new slide needle I got with my rebuild kit offers 5 clip positions compared to only 4

I believe 3rd from top is stock

But would I have to move it up, or down 1 size

My needle clip is at the 3rd rock from the top

So if I went up one more it would be at the tippy top

The new slide needle I got with my rebuild kit offers 5 clip positions compared to only 4

I believe 3rd from top is stock

But would I have to move it up, or down 1 size

Move clip down to richen. Move clip up to make more lean. 

If the needle is not a known Kawasaki OEM needle/JD jetting needle or other known Keihin PWK supplied needle then I would toss it.