Sign in to follow this  

Are CRF250R & CRF450R Brake rotors the same?

Can I use a CRF450R brake rotor on our CRF250R? I looked up the OEM rotors for both bikes and they different part numbers, but I asked I guy today at a moto shop and he said yes they are the same? Can someone confirm that I can use the 450 rotor in our 250?

Edited by Bill_B

Three ways I check for interchange; Honda part numbers (which you did), mating part numbers (like hubs), and aftermarket applications.

From my experience all of the twin spar aluminum CR/CRFs use the same hubs and rotors, plus a lot of other chassis parts.

Three ways I check for interchange; Honda part numbers (which you did), mating part numbers (like hubs), and aftermarket applications.

From my experience all of the twin spar aluminum CR/CRFs use the same hubs and rotors, plus a lot of other chassis parts.

Right,

Turns out there is only .04mm or .015 thou left on the rotor.  Service limit is 3.5 and current thickness of the rotor is 3.54mm.  Rotor will be used for a paddle wheel setup up.  Not sure if I should use it or buy another? What do you think? Rotors ware and last a long time. We have not ever ridden the dunes so will be the 1st time. 

Edited by Bill_B

Thru 2014 they both had 240mm rotors. In 08 they changed from round to wave style, but were 240mm and were interchangeable. In 15/16 they changed to 260mm.

Edited by susco64

Thru 2014 they both had 240mm rotors. In 08 they changed from round to wave style, but were 240mm and were interchangeable. In 15/16 they changed to 260mm.

Cool thanks