Sign in to follow this  

14 Drz 400sm jetting question rs4

I'm new to the supermoto scene and I just bought a 14 drz400sm with a yosh rs4 set up. The bike seems to have no punch so I'm looking at what I need to do to improve it. Seems like best bet is a jd jet kit and the 3x3 with k&n. Anyone know where I can get jetting tips for the rs4 set up. I also think eventually I'll be getting rid of the rs4 but for now I'd like to at least get it running good.

I'm new to the supermoto scene and I just bought a 14 drz400sm with a yosh rs4 set up. The bike seems to have no punch so I'm looking at what I need to do to improve it. Seems like best bet is a jd jet kit and the 3x3 with k&n. Anyone know where I can get jetting tips for the rs4 set up. I also think eventually I'll be getting rid of the rs4 but for now I'd like to at least get it running good.

Skip the K&N, its a waste of money.

Ya I thought so...I'm just gonna buy the fcr 39 carb...the bike is so slow right now. I'm guessing cause the jetting is way off with the rs4.

Should I just 3x3 and jet the stock carb to see how it feels? It's so doggish right now I just want more low end power.

Should I just 3x3 and jet the stock carb to see how it feels? It's so doggish right now I just want more low end power.

I'm trying to figure out if I buy the fcr 39 off of TT will I need to buy the jd jet kit as well or will the set up work well already?

I'm trying to figure out if I buy the fcr 39 off of TT will I need to buy the jd jet kit as well or will the set up work well already?

I wouldn't buy a jet kit. Try the carb as it comes, and if you need to make any changes you can buy individual jets and needles for much less than a complete kit.