Sign in to follow this  

Tiny hands, clutch and brake lever advice?

I have small hands for a guy. They call me baby hands at work. Yes, like the Burger King commercial lol. Was wondering if any one has any good ideas for shorter levers for a 04 cr250r. Thanks!

I have small hands for a guy. They call me baby hands at work. Yes, like the Burger King commercial lol. Was wondering if any one has any good ideas for shorter levers for a 04 cr250r. Thanks!

Midwest mountain engineering makes levers that are 50 percent easier to pull any size you need just go to mme.com

The 2 examples given so far reflect lever reach and the other, pull effort. Which are you having a problem with, or both?

There are levers with a different bend to them like CJ posted or you can opt for a little more expensive option of adjustable reach levers, which often come with their own perches. Or buy a lever that's close to what you need, then heat and bend to suit you. You'll need at the very least, a MAP gas torch to do that, to get it hot enough to bend and shape without breaking.

I put these dog leash straps on my levers for my small hands. This one is for one finger only but I have others for two fingers.

11192678506_fd014ba2bc_b.jpg

• Like 3

I also have tiny hands and had this problem with my clutch. I got an MSR three position shorty lever which is great if you just don't have the reach! I highly recommend it.

I also have tiny hands and had this problem with my clutch. I got an MSR three position shorty lever which is great if you just don't have the reach! I highly recommend it.

I'm seeing a few different ones. Is there any way you could get me a link please?

with small hands, its even more important to be able to use your clutch with just one finger since using two doesn't leave much to grip the bar with. so I second the easy pull MSR lever or the clever lever from MME. I have used both setups and highly recommend them.

Jusr heat up the stock lever with a propane torch in the middle and use a pipe to bend them in slightly toward the handlebars so they don't have such a flare out at the end. I have done this before and it works just fine.

Joe

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the opinion guys. Think I'll try heating and bending first and I don't like it I'm gonna buy some levers!

If*

• Like 1

Well apart from that fact they are unbreakable and carry a very long guarantee the span adjuster (red wheel in pic) is able to be adjusted by hand whereas most aftermarket levers (all I've seen) you need a tool to adjust. The separate lever above is the brake but the clutch side you can adjust backwards on the oe adjuster as well as the screw on the lever so it should fit the original posters hands. Only disadvantage is the are on the expensive side.