Sign in to follow this  

No power at low beam?

Hi all,

I've recently discovered that my low beam was very dim, as in almost non existant dim. I thought it might've been a blown bulb, so I replaced it today with a brand new bulb. Same issue. High beam was bright as a sun, low beam didn't even come on.

There's NO power coming to the low beam. I've checked with different bulbs and moving the wires around to the other terminals.

I checked the fuses at the battery, which were fine.

Still nothing. 

Anyone here have an idea of what's causing this? I'm down to a loose connection, but I've got no idea where.

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys!

Using a volt meter verify the white wire is not receiving power on LOW beam.  If so, sounds like a switch or connection or broken wire.

Oh wow. I found the problem, lol.

I had two spare bulbs which were in reserve, as our car burns bulbs every other month, and I was sure they were working, they looked perfectly fine. I checked with both of them, same result- no low beam but high beam was fine. Checked the wires and couldn't find anything. My dad then comes out to the garage and asks me why I'm using the burned bulbs he just changed yesterday.  :banghead:  :banghead:

I was so sure they were fine, lol. No visual damage, intact wires and they were in a new box.

Thanks for your answer though, Noble. 

• Like 1

Oh wow. I found the problem, lol.

I had two spare bulbs which were in reserve, as our car burns bulbs every other month, and I was sure they were working, they looked perfectly fine. I checked with both of them, same result- no low beam but high beam was fine. Checked the wires and couldn't find anything. My dad then comes out to the garage and asks me why I'm using the burned bulbs he just changed yesterday.  :banghead:  :banghead:

I was so sure they were fine, lol. No visual damage, intact wires and they were in a new box.

Thanks for your answer though, Noble. 

Sounds like Dad is messing with your head, REVENGE?