Sign in to follow this  

Factory Rear Brake Pedal Adjuster

I have been admiring the factory RMZ's and noticed a small, rear brake pedal adjuster than stems from the swingarm bolt and contacts the top of the brake pedal. I'm guessing this provides both accurate rear brake pedal height adjustment and added security of the rear brake, eliminating the chance of the pedal being pushed up and pulling the reservoir internals out.

I've always found this factory mod interesting/trick looking so I've decided to have a go myself!

Made a drawing, produced a prototype from aluminium (which I am going to test this evening), then the idea is to produce a batch for you other RMZ guys to use.

So basically I just want to get an idea of who might be interested so I know how many (if any) I need to produce. I'm not aiming to make anything from these, just simply doing it for the fun. Due to the small size and weight, I'm confident I could produce these and ship them worldwide for a low cost (I'm UK based). If enough people are interested, I could even bulk buy Ti bolts/nuts to include to make it even tricker.

Here is an image I took of an example of the adjuster on Kevin Strijbos's factory RMZ

As you can see, some brake pedal modification will likely be required, but it doesn't look any harder than filling off some material from the pedal.

I'll post pictures of my version once I have the design sorted

20151030_112850.jpg

Edited by RussB69

Russ, I too have looked at these height adjusters and think they are a pretty cool mod for a small amount of modification, my only comment would be that I think you would have to use something stronger than aluminium for the main body of the pin, I would say titanium would be better as that is what it looks like Geboers Suzuki have used on theirs along with Ti nuts and bolts, is this possible?

I would certainly be interested in one if you make them.

• Like 1

Russ, I too have looked at these height adjusters and think they are a pretty cool mod for a small amount of modification, my only comment would be that I think you would have to use something stronger than aluminium for the main body of the pin, I would say titanium would be better as that is what it looks like Geboers Suzuki have used on theirs along with Ti nuts and bolts, is this possible?

I would certainly be interested in one if you make them.

Thanks for the interest!

I've used aluminium for the first few just to perfect the design as ali is nice and easy to machine. Just looked into Ti bar and it isn't overly expensive for the diameter I'd need, so using Ti could definitely be an option, will certainly make them look like a proper factory part!

Edited by RussB69
  • Like 1