Sign in to follow this  

Rear lift strap for '14+ Yamaha 250F's?

What are guys using? With the bolts being recessed into the side covers, are the Moose Racing ones still working? Can a guy put it behind the side cover and it not mess with the seat?

I'm tired of getting my gloves muddy if the rear wheel has to be lifted or moved.

What are guys using? With the bolts being recessed into the side covers, are the Moose Racing ones still working? Can a guy put it behind the side cover and it not mess with the seat?

I'm tired of getting my gloves muddy if the rear wheel has to be lifted or moved.

Yes the moose strap works perfectly, have one on my fx that tucks behind the side cover. The moose seems to be the exact same strap from the brand tugger. Not the best pic show casing it, but you get the idea

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447353884.088001.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome, thank you. Which exhaust is that BTW? I've read some of the FMF's have the longer can, but yours is nice and tucked away.

Awesome, thank you. Which exhaust is that BTW? I've read some of the FMF's have the longer can, but yours is nice and tucked away.

That's a DR D ns-4. Have run them on all my Yamahas. Tucks in much nicer than the fmf, sounds great and is not too loud. Has a spark arrestor as well. I can take another close up pic if you need to see how it looks under there.

I use a Tugger, if you use spacers they don't dig into the side plates as bad.

If you run the strap on the inside of the side cover, between the seat and cover (where the cut out is on the side cover) you don't have to use any spacers or worry about it digging into the cover. I just put a M8 washer on the inside of the cover, between the recessed plastic that the bolt goes through and the tugger metal ring so the recessed plastic wouldn't push through the ring and bind it from rotating. Simple and clean.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447374719.360342.jpg

• Like 3

NW_drZ, how are those TUSK wheels working for you? Any complaints?

Wheels are great so far. That's a 19" currently on the rear. I just ordered an 18" from Rocky Mountain today. $127 with the spoke kit. Going to lace it up to the stock hub. Can't beat that price.

Good to hear, I'm looking at the complete front and rear set.. rocky mountain has the set for $549.99

Ya thats a hard deal to pass up.. The reviews seem great for the wheel sets as well.

Ya thats a hard deal to pass up.. The reviews seem great for the wheel sets as well.

What seat cover are you running?

What seat cover are you running?

That's a 180 decal seat cover. Black with blue ribs

If you run the strap on the inside of the side cover, between the seat and cover (where the cut out is on the side cover) you don't have to use any spacers or worry about it digging into the cover. I just put a M8 washer on the inside of the cover, between the recessed plastic that the bolt goes through and the tugger metal ring so the recessed plastic wouldn't push through the ring and bind it from rotating. Simple and clean.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447374719.360342.jpg

Well after a very muddy ride last weekend, and a race coming up this weekend, I finally got around to getting one of these.

After trying to figure out how I was going to make it work, I remembered this thread. So I did exactly what you did with mine. I wasn't a big fan of using their bushing with what would have needed to be a big long bolt after it was spaced out enough to clear the side plates.

1468989358214.jpg

• Like 1