Sign in to follow this  

Yz 125 rear brake help.

Hi all, the bolt that holds the rear brake pedal on the bike has 2 o rings on it but 3 groves. I've taken the o rings off and forgot which grooves they go back in. It probs doesn't matter but it's making me itch not knowing for sure.

If anyone knows PLEASE tell me,

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

What year bike? Any pictures? I'm trying to think of o-rings by the rear brake (I just took mine off), and don't remember any at all.

This bolt, ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447354167.133843.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmmm....maybe mine was so rusted that I didn't even notice LOL :rolleyes: I'll check when i get home since my bike is already in 1000 pieces.

Haha.You're a good man, I'd appreciate it.

I think the middle groove is to allow for a little extra grease and the two outside o rings are to keep water out and grease in. Mine is an '03 and was the same way.

• Like 2

Speaking of rear brake pedal bolts (since the op's question seems to have been answered) I'm rebuilding a 96 250 and have been having trouble getting mine out of the frame. There is no clip, pin or nut on the backside and the bolt won't spin within the pedal, but rotates as I move the pedal up and down. I wasn't for sure how the pedal was secured until seeing this picture. So, I ought to be able to tap it out from the inside right? It's the only pice left on the frame and the only thing standing between me and the sandblaster.

O rings go in outer grooves.  Middle groove should be packed with a high quality waterproof grease.  You need to repack the grease often to preserve the pedal action. The soft aluminum wears very rapidly when not greased, and the pedal action gets real sloppy.

Edited by rpt50
  • Like 1

Speaking of rear brake pedal bolts (since the op's question seems to have been answered) I'm rebuilding a 96 250 and have been having trouble getting mine out of the frame. There is no clip, pin or nut on the backside and the bolt won't spin within the pedal, but rotates as I move the pedal up and down. I wasn't for sure how the pedal was secured until seeing this picture. So, I ought to be able to tap it out from the inside right? It's the only pice left on the frame and the only thing standing between me and the sandblaster.

Yea I would think with some PB blaster, whacking, and maybe a touch with a propane torch you should be able to free her up.

On mine the bolt is threaded to the frame so it wouldn't bash out from the inside, unless the the thread was stripped. Sounds like it's seized to your brake pedal perhaps?

I burnt up a drill using an ez-out. Soaked it in pb blaster first. Haven't tried heat yet. If that won't work I'll try to drill in out with out screwing up the threads. Fingers crossed.

On mine the bolt is threaded to the frame so it wouldn't bash out from the inside, unless the the thread was stripped. Sounds like it's seized to your brake pedal perhaps?

I guess so. Dang it.