Sign in to follow this  

Clutch help! Please 250xc 09

Installed new plates 10 hours ago, lasted two races and started to drag heavily in ever gear yesterday. I don't know what my bike revs in RPMs, so I'm just giving an example. If it revs out at 10 I would have power from 0-4 RPMs after that it just revs out. It'll still pull the front tire up tho. I looked up other people's clutch basket when I did the fibers n steels( I used the EBC DRC) and it looked decent. I took pics today in hopes someone will be able to tell me what the hell to do! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447354223.715080.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447354251.264834.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447354272.782225.jpg

Thanks for your time

And if I need a different angle or any more information please let me know! Again thank you for the help!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447361310.441567.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447361344.060460.jpg

Tusk oil plug was a wee bit long and scratched the hell out of it. I imagine this isn't too good. Could have hit my plates and messed that up to?? Maybe, opinions??

Your clutch basket look s to be in terrible condition and will affect performance. As for high rpm slip goes, try bleeding the master and slave for your clutch before you start throwing any money at it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys! That tusk plug I had damaged my basket and rocky man is sending me a new one a new plates.

Thanks for the input guys! That tusk plug I had damaged my basket and rocky man is sending me a new one a new plates.

The drain plug enters the case behind the brake pedal and screws into the case from the side and not from underneath. I don't understand how the drain plug could have contacted the basket. Are you sure there's not something floating around inside the bottom-end? I've heard of the magnetic ends falling out of those drain plugs before and causing engine damage. Zipty make a really nice magnetic drain plug, where the magnetic end is very well fixed.

The scrapes on the outside of the basket look ugly, but the drive faces on the basket don't seem too bad and are not likely to be causing dragging, in my opinion. Try bleading the clutch system, as others have said.

Edited by Swappa

If the drainplug was sticking out far enough to cut grooves on the outside of the clutch basket I don't see how you'd be able to kick it over and start it in the first place.

The drain plug enters the case behind the brake pedal and screws into the case from the side and not from underneath. I don't understand how the drain plug could have contacted the basket. Are you sure there's not something floating around inside the bottom-end? I've heard of the magnetic ends falling out of those drain plugs before and causing engine damage. Zipty make a really nice magnetic drain plug, where the magnetic end is very well fixed.

The scrapes on the outside of the basket look ugly, but the drive faces on the basket don't seem too bad and are not likely to be causing dragging, in my opinion. Try bleading the clutch system, as others have said.

I think he meant to say "oil filler plug."

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/924/34580/Tusk-Oil-Filler-Plug

Not "drain plug."

That would make more sense, seeing where the grooves are.