Sign in to follow this  

Ruining boots on kickstarter

You shouldn't be ruining boots like that ,there is a problem with the kick lever or your technique or just really crappy boots.

I had a crf250r. The kick start would put your boot right into the foot peg . Turning your foot just right was ok.

Go orange with e start

no. I don't like KTM. Iv ridden the 250 and 350 sxf. Both 2015 models.

You shouldn't be ruining boots like that ,there is a problem with the kick lever or your technique or just really crappy boots.

iv got cheap msr boots. Getting garne ones soon

The Ktm 2 strokes eat them up. My crf 250 is fine but if you kick it too far it hits the peg and cuts the side of the boot

I too have a crf250r and destroyed the right side insole as well as ripping a hole in the side of the right side boot with cheap boots when I first got the bike 5 years ago.

Firstly the bike should be starting on the first few kicks - if not you have another problem.

Then even if the bike is starting easy, there is a bit of a technique.

Then IMO you get what you pay for with boots. I eventually got a pair of Tech 10's from a buddy who used them twice and gave up the sport after hitting a tree (not a nice story) for $250, best deal ever and I now know what good boots are worth. Thing I like about the 10's is that they have a replaceable insole.

Any dirt bike boots are better than no dirt bike boots - then regardless of make your getting durability etc with at top of the line boot.

My girl rides my old 08 CRF250R and I usually have to start it for her. On our last trip out with my new pair of Sidi SRS 2 boots, I noticed it was eating the inside of the boot since your foot hits the peg like mentioned above. Thankfully this piece is replaceable on my boot :-)

📎mad_max_2_vlcsnap-2012-12-05-19h19m16s204.jpg📎9977b7a2a5056c930ea56c02e4407811.jpg

Dude.......dude, its off road. not a beauty contest, scratches chips rips and ding, plus oil stains are badges of honor!

agreed!

how do you know its from the kick start?

there's a 3 in gauge in the bottom of my boot. Pretty obvious. I don't ride much rocky terrain either

Its not the bike either. The boots are a year old anyways. Needing replaced. They were made for the dreaded . quad. So they weren't made to be kicking over a dirt bike. Since most quads have e start. I'll kick over my bike any day . I don't want to have to worry about a dead battery or not having a backup kick!

agreed!

there's a 3 in gauge in the bottom of my boot. Pretty obvious. I don't ride much rocky terrain either

I wouldn't have thought rocky terrain was the issue either even if there was a lot of rocks. I was thinking from the foot pegs, from riding.

• Like 1

Happens to me too. I went through a pair of tech 8's in a couple of months on my stiff kicking yz295. It even starts first kick...I finally bought an e-start Beta so it's no longer an issue.

Edited by Sierra_rider

Here's a pic of me right tech 10 after 6 years. It took me a year to figure out how to kick my bike over with a few kicks. Left boot was in really good shape.

20150413_172704_zpsauuzm2nx.jpg

This is a pic after I had Alpinestar do a full re-sole of both boots.

20150526_163450_zps1umwt0ag.jpg

Again, I'm not trying to sell the tech 10's but ya you can get wear on both boots from the pegs and maybe more on the right from the kick start but if you have a higher end boot and your getting excessive wear, there might be another issue rather than the boots............

Then there is how much you ride and and how hard you are on your gear

Edited by filterx