Sign in to follow this  

05 650r shock revalve

I have a 05 xr650r but the shocks are stock and I'm 280 pounds so there's an obvious problem. Who can I send my shocks to in so cal that is fair on pricing? Maybe a ball park estimate ?

but the shocks are stock ---- how this is possible?? i think its easy to fix, where do you wanna send it out?

there is just 2 springs inside, fluid, gaskets, (maybe air). post some pct...

there is just 2 springs inside, fluid, gaskets, (maybe air). ---- sorry there is no 2 springs inside, just one outside

my little mistake, but rest what i seid its there

and you can fix it by yourself.

you buy "shock rebuild kit" and go ahead :D

I don't know how they are on pricing compared to others, but in SoCal there probably isn't anyone that knows more about the inside of XR suspension and proper setup than Precision Concepts.  If I didn't do all of my stuff myself and I still had stock suspension components, that is where I would send my 650R suspension to have it done.

I had Rick Johnson at Too Tech in Torrance do my revalve with new springs and it came out to $550-600. That included all seals, fluids, etc. Also lifetime revalve and tuning for as long as you own your bike.

Made a world of difference !

I had too tech do my crf450r, which came out awesome! and he is about to do the crf250r forks that I am putting on my xr600r, as well as the XR rear shock. With springs and bringing him the complete bike was $600 I think. Knock off $100 if you bring just the forks and shock.