Sign in to follow this  

Twisted Engineering Composi-Flex on 300rr

Hello Folks,

wondering if there is anyone out there running the twisted engineering composi-flex bars on their betas.

If so, what bend did you decide on?  I am considering a set on my '15 300rr and hope to get some input from someone who may have already fitted a set!

-thanks

-t

Edited by lodcomm

i've ordered the bars but haven't received them yet. although i'm tall i've got the low ktm bend because it has the least sweep back toward the rider (similar to the stock beta bars), the higher the bar bend the more sweep they have... so i'm just going to add a set of risers to get the height i need. 

i've ordered the bars but haven't received them yet. although i'm tall i've got the low ktm bend because it has the least sweep back toward the rider (similar to the stock beta bars), the higher the bar bend the more sweep they have... so i'm just going to add a set of risers to get the height i need. 

Thanks OZ,

I was leaning towards the KTM bend - I'm tall too, but old and "crotchety" and sit far more often than I should. I am fairly pleased with the stock bars and was hoping to stay as close to them as I could.   If they feel too low, I'll machine up some risers myself.  

thanks again

-t

i have been thinking about these bars for over 2yrs and i think i will get them in the new year !Really expensive was my first impression ,not much info on line one video on you tube ,now there is another worth watching where one of the owners is bashing the bars with a baseball bat  , not the sort of thing you see everyday .Personally i like the concept light,flexible ,strong .I know the flexx bars work but thery are ever so chunky and only flexx in one direction whereas the carbon bars flex in all directions ..Whatever you decide good luck lest us know

I use the KTM low bend with a riser on my 14 300. The main reason for the riser was to gain clearance between the bar and PFP adjuster. 

I have also used the Flex bars but prefer the Twisted bars. 

I use the KTM low bend with a riser on my 14 300. The main reason for the riser was to gain clearance between the bar and PFP adjuster. 

I have also used the Flex bars but prefer the Twisted bars. 

I use the fasst Flexx bars on my '14 450 XCW - I do definitely like them, Everyone that I have spoken to who had tried them both claims to like the Twisted Engineering a bit better.  I ordered up a set of Ktm low bend in the 3X flex.

and the hand guards. I will be incorporating them in to my fastway fit Damper mount.  

thanks everyone for the feedback.

-t

I have them on all my Beta's used Flexx before, much better then FB .  

Warning if you want to cut them down some and use there hand guards, put your hand guards on the bars first, if you cut them to short the guard will hit in the middle.    

Clappedout said it best.

Unless your racing the Sr A class in national enduro's, then they may induce chronic diarrhea.      

• Like 1

I have them on my KTM. 3x Windham bend. There is no way better bars exist anywhere. I mean, I'm open to other options, but these things are amazing in the rocks. The difference is ridiculous. Just make sure you tighten the ends of the handguards well.

I installed a set on my 2015 300RR -I went with the KTM Low bend and maximum flex. I have to agree - I am very pleased with the results.  I have the Fasst Flexx on my 450 XCW and like them as well.  I am favoring the TE bars since they are lighter & do not have the obnoxious top cross bar sticking up.

-t

I have trouble talking myself into spending that much on h-bars.

I agree, but I guess it depends on how old your bones are. The older and stiffer you get the more that price seems acceptable to be able to continue riding longer.

I agree, but I guess it depends on how old your bones are. The older and stiffer you get the more that price seems acceptable to be able to continue riding longer.

Good point, I have issues with my shoulder, neck and elbow joints.

I should look into them, just hate to  bend or wad up a set of $ 300.00 bars.

Are there any issues using them with the Scotts bar clamp ?

Good point, I have issues with my shoulder, neck and elbow joints.

I should look into them, just hate to  bend or wad up a set of $ 300.00 bars.

Are there any issues using them with the Scotts bar clamp ?

They mount just the same as any other 1 1/8 fat bar.   7-10k for a bike, I think 300 buck is pocket change for something that will help save your joints/ help you ride longer and feel better at the end of the day, that may just be me tho!

OZ, don't you have faast flex bars on your RR. Why you switching? Just curious. 

For those worried about destroying them while crashing, My Ktm did a backflip (2/3 of one, really) without me today and the bars were unharmed. They have also hit the rocks a few times in the short period I've had them. I'm starting to think you have to do something drastic to break them.

• Like 1

Here's a question ?

Wouldn't hand guards / bark busters that mount between the end and mid bar somewhere hinder the flex...making the bar more ridged.

In which case you wouldn't get the full advantage of what the bar is supose to do.

I run the EE hand guard bark busters.

Just thinking.

They offer their own bark busters,maybe they have articulated fixing points?