Sign in to follow this  

Bought a 2014 kx250f, what should I do to it?

Hey guys, so I recently upgraded from a 2007 kx250f to a 2014 kx250f and Im looking to start to race this upcoming season (Ive been riding for 3 years now and mainly ride at IMI and Two Rivers.) Im pretty comparable speed wise with most the average riders out there (at the lower end of "C" riders lap time averages for RMXA) Im just looking to see what would be money would be well spent to improve speed around the track. (Im 5'11 and weigh 145) so Im not really worried about throwing too much money into the engine because fuel injection was already a pretty big jump power wise for me anyway. Let me know what you guys think or what's worked best for you. Thanks!

Suspension I have a 14 to and it needed sum stiffer springs but I'm 185 so I needed it but you will notice a night and day difference

Suspension I have a 14 to and it needed sum stiffer springs but I'm 185 so I needed it but p suspensionyou will notice a night and day difference

Yup suspension

Tusk oversize frt brake rotor,dielectric grease on all elec. connections(theres about 16 of them),TwinAir fuel filter for fuel tank,grease linkage swingarm steering head bearings,Id hold of on stabilizer fo know and focus on suspension setup for know. To bad Berthod closed, really was looking forward to hare scrambles series

Yeah, Berthod was a good track to just hall around im hoping with them being closed everyone else will step up their game a bit with all the new money.

get as much seat time as you can and put the $ into gas and maintenance/repairs, imo. I'm starting to race next season too and i decided to focus more on my cardio (throwing down laps and cardio workout alone) to (hopefully) help me:p

good luck next season, have fun!

wonder if you'll be as nervous as I will at the first gate drop :p