Sign in to follow this  

Suspension advice - KX125

Getting back into riding and found a clean '95 KX125 almost the same as the one I used to race MX back in the day. I know I need to have my suspension serviced badly and need some advice on how to set it up and where. There aren't many local places near where I live in Pennsylvania except Factory Connection which is an hour and half away. I also found a bike shop that's an hour away who is certified as a RaceTech dealer, just not sure how much of them they've done.

I was planning on doing just a rebuild and no revalving, which will cost about $750 all in (hard parts incl)from Factory Connection or $450 all in from the local dealer. I'm nervous going with the local dealer because he didn't suggest changing my spring rate while factory connection and most of the other places I spoke to did.

Stock, forks are .38 and shock is 4.9 I believe. I'm trying to figure out a good mix setup for my riding. Currently, i'm doing a lot of offroad trails with a mix of pits with MX style whoops and jumps. Any suggestions on what spring rate I should go for? I weigh 180 w/o gear. 

Also, anyone have recommendations on good place to get suspension work done?

$750 for DIY rebuild is way high.  If you have that coin, just send them out to FC.

If you DIY, then you need to see what's in there first by getting sag numbers.