Sign in to follow this  

18 inch replacement spokes

Just noticed I snapped a rear spoke on my FX. Anyone know where to get a single spoke and nipple? I used Kawasaki spokes on my 21inch front after bending a few.

Curious what fits a DID 2.15 wheel. In the parts fiche it looks like the Yamaha spoke set fits pretty much all Yamaha 18 inch rears. Unfortunately they only sell sets. Husaberg/KTM sells singles for their DID 18 inch wheel, just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit.

Just noticed I snapped a rear spoke on my FX. Anyone know where to get a single spoke and nipple? I used Kawasaki spokes on my 21inch front after bending a few.

Curious what fits a DID 2.15 wheel. In the parts fiche it looks like the Yamaha spoke set fits pretty much all Yamaha 18 inch rears. Unfortunately they only sell sets. Husaberg/KTM sells singles for their DID 18 inch wheel, just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit.

Kawasaki Spokes will do. The KDX has a stock 18" rear wheel, and have Excel wheels, so should work just fine. 

• Like 1

Kawasaki Spokes will do. The KDX has a stock 18" rear wheel, and have Excel wheels, so should work just fine.

Thanks, I checked the parts page and the Kawi spokes seem to vary from models such as the KLX the KDX.

Just wondering if the Excel are different from the DID. Yamaha does not list the measurement or spec of the spoke like others do.

Any decent Yamaha dealer knows they don't sell spokes one at a time and has a box full of old ones for their customers.

My local dealer is not decent, they are useless &%$#@!. I just Sent a message to my old dealrr that I bought the bike from.

Most of the bike dealers around here are struggling these days.

The local Yamaha dealer I've bought from for 20 years just went under.

Most keep only the bare minimum of parts on the shelf.

Most of the bike dealers around here are struggling these days.

The local Yamaha dealer I've bought from for 20 years just went under.

Most keep only the bare minimum of parts on the shelf.

It is a tough biz for sure and most don't stock much when an order is usually only 3 days away.

• Like 1