Aldon baker theory

Baker is just a numbers guy, he gathers lots of different info on the riders to track progression and when they stop moving forward he looks at reasons why and tries to improve them. I'm sure he's picked up some good riding techniques working with racers who are already naturally talented on a bike, however his lack of a dirt bike racing career is something that others can bring to the table (think like Jmart with JohnnyO)

This was Marvins first healthy season since getting here

RV won 3 main in 09 without Aldon and broke his leg in 10 battling with a Rookie with him. 

If you think Martin or RV needed Aldon yo win, you're not as smart as you think. RV was a champion and a hard worker before Aldon and Martin is one of the smoothest riders out there, neither need Aldon to win. 

We were never talking about "wins," but "championships."  And I never denied either. But things sure seemed to turn around for both riders once in the Aldon camp.

And how has Roczen done without him? Seems the same trend is following him....

Edited by hyper7driver

Question:  Has anyone tried setting up a training camp in Texas?

California... many MX corporate headquaters.  About a third of all SX races.  (Or so it seems)

Florida seems to have heat and humidity going for it.   Probably easily replicated in Texas.

Texas Middle of the USA.   Almost as close to a SX race as Florida.  (sarcasm)  

Plenty of land.

State income taxes

California... bend over.

Florida and Texas...  none.  (We have guns, not income taxes.)

Just curious.

Edited by Kev_XR

There use to be a track there but you gotta go to michigan can't beat that sand

In fremont?   There was not much there beside corn..they had a nuke program for techies, only 2 I believe going on in the US at that time, I tagged along for electronics...   As far as racing in Ohio, did regionals a time before your time in troy-kenworthy 85-86, would have to check..  though much south of you :ride:

sand- michigan...

Edited by Havingfun

We were never talking about "wins," but "championships."  And I never denied either. But things sure seemed to turn around for both riders once in the Aldon camp.

And how has Roczen done without him? Seems the same trend is following him....

Champioships, RV 4 witnout him, Marvin 2 without him. 

I can't see a single "change" in Marvin at all. 

Tell me, what did he do for Townley? Ratray? Wiemer? Anderson? 

Question:  Has anyone tried setting up a training camp in Texas?

California... many MX corporate headquaters.  About a third of all SX races.  (Or so it seems)

Florida seems to have heat and humidity going for it.   Probably easily replicated in Texas.

Texas Middle of the USA.   Almost as close to a SX race as Florida.  (sarcasm)  

Plenty of land.

State income taxes

California... bend over.

Florida and Texas...  none.  (We have guns, not income taxes.)

Just curious.

Masterpools have a training camp in Texas and Kyle Regal was training some kids at Quicks Moto Ranch along with a self proclaimed trainer

Question: Has anyone tried setting up a training camp in Texas?

California... many MX corporate headquaters. About a third of all SX races. (Or so it seems)

Florida seems to have heat and humidity going for it. Probably easily replicated in Texas.

Texas Middle of the USA. Almost as close to a SX race as Florida. (sarcasm)

Plenty of land.

State income taxes

California... bend over.

Florida and Texas... none. (We have guns, not income taxes.)

Just curious.

short has a nice place there, I believe Kenny trained there for a bit. Il
  • Like 2

but he denied it when taking a drug test. He knew he was cheating the rules.

If Stew were cheating, he never would have been granted a TUE.  Before or after.  WADA TUEs are not easy to get for Adderrall, etc.  Go read the bylaws and procedures.  It it much much more than getting a prescription.  The criteria that the WADA TUE boards uses to determine if a medication is medically necessary is much more stringent than the legal criteria for a physician to write a prescription.    

James was an idiot and unprofessional for not managing his medical affiars in proper manner.  He paid the price. 

As for Aldon, he was NEVER assoicated with Lance.  Never trained him, etc.

Edited by Blutarsky

If Stew were cheating, he never would have been granted a TUE. Before or after. WADA TUEs are not easy to get for Adderrall, etc. Go read the bylaws and procedures. It it much much more than getting a prescription. The criteria that the WADA TUE boards uses to determine if a medication is medically necessary is much more stringent than the legal criteria for a physician to write a prescription.

James was an idiot and unprofessional for not managing his medical affiars in proper manner. He paid the price.

As for Aldon, he was NEVER assoicated with Lance. Never trained him, etc.

If you ride using a banned substance for which you don't have a TUE, you're cheating, plain and simple.

Didn't you argue when all this was going down that it was easy to get a tue and they hand them out to baseball players all the time. I think your story is changing over time

Isn't strange that who ever aldon trains they become champions or do really good in the season James Stewart Ryan villipoto Ryan dungy adam cinc Ken roczen I forget who else that's all I can think of off the top of my head but aldon also trained lance Armstrong and he was a champion to but he also cheated with steroids or blood doping one of the two could that be why guys do so good with aldon lol. I know he is the best out there and but it is something to think about what do you guys think

1447628458324.jpg

If you ride using a banned substance for which you don't have a TUE, you're cheating, plain and simple.

Didn't you argue when all this was going down that it was easy to get a tue and they hand them out to baseball players all the time. I think your story is changing over time

I cited the WADA stds from the start and how demanding the WADA TUE process was.  Major League Baseball is not party to WADA so any comparison is nonsense.  They have their own "program" agreed upon between the MLB PA and the Commissioner.  (The Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program - 2006)  So go put words in someone elses mouth.

Are breaking the rules and cheating the same thing?  To a simpleton maybe.  James broke the rules.  He paid the price.  I criticized him from the start for essentially being an irresposible idiot, but felt he was not doing anything to gain an advantage.  WADA's eventual ruling in granting a TUE is a confirmation of this. 

Did he "cheat"?  Cheating to most people involves gaining an unfair competitive advantage.  Go read the WADA TUE rules.  A very high percentage of TUE requests for the drug we think James was taking (Adderall) are NEVER approved.  WADA only grants TUEs after a lengthy review by a committe of made up of physicians and trainers.  James was granted a TUE.  Rules are the rules...and the ruling body has determined that James use of this substance is medically necessary, and does not provide a competitive advantage to him.    Those are WADAs criteria for granting TUE.  This is much more stringent than the criteria for a physician to legally write a prescription to treat a patient. 

So, explain how James taking the substance in 2014 gave him an unfair advantage ('cheating'), but taking it now does not ('not cheating').  James running afoul of the rules essentially was an administrative screw up, and 100% on him.  He deserved every day of suspension he got.  Rules are rules...but there are plenty of rules you can break, that do not mean you cheated.  Now, if WADA had refused to grant James a TUE, I would agree 100% with the cheating label, as that would mean that the use of the drug was not necessary, or constituted a competitive advantage.  But that is not what happened now is it.  Simple as that.  Unless you are a simpleton.

Not that any of this matters.  I think you are going to win our bet by default.  James may not even make it to A-1....Maybe Tomac can bring some excitement in 2016 at least. 

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 1