JD Jet kit gas in oil fix

Will the JD Jet kit have gaskets or new orings to fix the dreaded gas in oil problem ? Is the oring I need to replace the oring under the needle seat that the float is conected to ? How hard is it to reset the float   ?  Your dealing with an amatuer wrencher here. 

Thanks 

Hi newby 'rencher.

I doubt there is an o-ring in the kit, but not hard to find one either, just get the right size and material.

Member Noble says "Use a Viton rubber O ring 1/16" by 5/16" ID.  It fits tight but works well.  Use some silicone lube to help install the seat with the new O ring"

And I say: You likely don't need to re-set the float level after replacing the o-ring...I didn't see any change.

Edited by shuswap1

Isnt the needle valve under or clipped to the float so to replace that oring I will have to remove the float therefore messing up the float height ? 

Yes, you will have to remove the float to get to the needle valve seat, but removing the float shouldn't change the float height. It's still a good idea to check the float height before buttoning everything up, just in case. If you do need to adjust the float height, it's super simple, you just bend the tab on the float a bit until the height is correct.

Yes, you will have to remove the float to get to the needle valve seat, but removing the float shouldn't change the float height. It's still a good idea to check the float height before buttoning everything up, just in case. If you do need to adjust the float height, it's super simple, you just bend the tab on the float a bit until the height is correct.

Ahhh, so just be careful disassembling! Gotcha, It shouldnt be too bad then, hurry up JD Kit I wanna rip some wheelies before the snow flys! ?